Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-28-2017, 05:50 AM

That's a lovely string quilt, Carol! I've never done one like that but I like how your's has order and neatness in it too. I might bear that pattern option in mind as I try to use up all my random scraps that seem to be breeding themselves!

Marcie, I don't think Bonnie reads our QB. But we could sent her a link to our thread one day
Old 11-28-2017, 06:19 AM

That's a beautiful quilt, Carol.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Carol in WI View Post
I love all the examples of everyone's 9 patches and am excited to think that perhaps today I can start on mine. Like NZ quilter, I had to finish this strip quilt before clearing a path for the MQ. I love your scrappy log cabin NZ quilter and GramE, I agree that your blocks look very elegant. I always struggle between going with constant fabric or bold neutrals like Lisa's ~ I'm trying to step out of my box, but not quite there yet.
Carol in WI, i’m Pretty much safely ensconced in the box. Scrappy causes me much anxiety. I need order and a plan! (I need to insert one of those laughing your head off symbols. I have a path to the machine in my sewing room, I guess I don’t need Tooo much order/plan!) I looked at my piles of fabric scraps/fat quarters/pieces and thought of NZ’s beautiful quilt. The first question in my head was, where would I start? The answer was NOT in December! I just finished making two tops into quilts, i’m Going to be happy for that progress! Now I see yours, amazing! String piecing is on my bucket list. I have enough phone books to make a super duper king size!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-30-2017 at 04:54 PM. Reason: remove shouting/ all CAPS
Old 11-28-2017, 06:40 AM

Lovely string quilt, Carol!

The link-up technology is beyond me, so I just enjoy what other people share.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:42 AM

Carol, that is a really pretty quilt. You found a great way to showcase your colors againt the white, I like it:-)
Old 11-28-2017, 08:05 AM

Lisa, (Joe's Mom) I'm with you on that link up technology. It's all I can do to put a picture on here. I have nothing spectacular, nothing any different that the ones I see on there. After being 16 years old the first time I heard the word computer, and being raised in a Japanese concentration camp barracks, I feel fortunate to live in Indiana and among so many friends, both here in this little town and here on the QB.

It was at the base of Mt. Shasta, volcanic area, rattle snakes, scorpions,....did I mention the rattle snakes. My parents forced me to go to college which I completed and then I escaped. I just found some descent weather in Indiana and stayed. I've been here 25 years.

I want to organize a meet-up when the Shipshewana quilt show is on next year. PM me if you are coming.

Marcia
Old 11-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Slow poke here. pressed seams open. look how they stacked perfectly using my accuquilt and featherweight:
Attached Thumbnails bonnie-9-patches.jpg   bonnie-seams-open.jpg   bonnie-stacked.jpg  
Old 11-28-2017, 01:40 PM

NZQuliter- that log cabin is gorgeous, I love scrappy.
Everyones blocks are very pretty, I haven't started mine yet- I'm trying to finish a t-shirt quilt for my brother first.
I have a question about spinning the seams-will the seam come apart after you pick out the first few seams? I have never done this.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:48 PM

Oh & one more thing I see the Quilted twins have a whole kit for the MQ for only $85 & they are mixing up the fabric not all the same colors. I ordered from them for the first time on Friday,(not the kit) got my fabric already on Monday with 2 free yards of solids included.
Sewbiz- what is this Merry Mayham MQ & how do I find it?
Old 11-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by laurilli View Post
Oh & one more thing I see the Quilted twins have a whole kit for the MQ for only $85 & they are mixing up the fabric not all the same colors. I ordered from them for the first time on Friday,(not the kit) got my fabric already on Monday with 2 free yards of solids included.
Sewbiz- what is this Merry Mayham MQ & how do I find it?
Wow, that is almost a steal of a price!