Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16

Thread: Scrappy Irish Chain Sew-Along

Blog Entries
    Good morning, Scrappy ICers, I hope this thread don't close out before I get a chance to start my IC. I know now what I want to do. One is in the Red and the other in Purple with some hand embroidery blocks that I have finished. Just finishing up a few (6) sandwiched quilts to be quilted. A couple of large scrappy tops that really need to be finished pieced. I always want to get with a project when it's pasted due. I do well with my craft until one of my darling grand-children want one. When I return to my sewing machines I'll see how busy I'll get. I really want to do one of these.

Have a happy Sewing-Day, cherryb

My grandbabies' nanny has been getting some really sweet pics of the babies on their quilts. I can't resist showing my babies again on the IC ISpy picnic quilt.

Name:  IMG_0189.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0509.JPG
Views: 403
Size:  173.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0511.JPG
Views: 399
Size:  160.3 KB
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

awwwwww! I've been following along (lurking) and eventually
    make an IC and a B.Surrounded.
    Nothing like cute baby pictures to brighten a day .
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-05-2019 at 11:14 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    OMGosh SBG...those babies are adorable. The nanny captures some great moments and I’m amazed at how big they are getting. Thank you for sharing.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Catching up on the IC group here and enjoying your beautiful grand-babies, SBG! I hope the Irish Chain inspiration continues with new participants - I always love to see the different finished quilts
    Christine
    "This is a wonderful day! I've never seen this one before." - Maya Angelou

Glad you enjoyed the grandbabies! They are the sweetest little girls and are so loving to each other.

I hope people keep joining and making Irish Chains, too. There are so many variations. The possibilities are endless.
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Blog Entries
    Good morning SIC'ers, the way you keep the thread alive is that you add to the thread on a regular basis or it will close out or get pushed back. I love the thread on 'scrappy quilts' that started up about five or six years ago now. You have to do a special search to request the thread forward. But, I am so inspired by this thread as soon as I return to my vintage machines I am pulling out what I want to work on. Thanks for the inspiration.

Happy Sew-Day---cherryb

Blog Entries
    Christine, how are you doing with your IC? If I remember correctly, you were tackling a large size.

I had purchased backing fabric for my IC quilt top that still needs to be quilted but ended up using the backing yesterday to finish this UFO. It is a traveling quilt that I participated in with a modern quilt guild last year.
    Name:  E0F838C3-3FD5-435E-9374-7371F6AFB11B.jpeg
Views: 319
Size:  179.0 KBName:  6C35FF45-721C-40EC-B290-C266B31A5C46.jpeg
Views: 318
Size:  128.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Good morning SIC'ers, just thought I say a few things on the thread while I still can't sew. Sewbiz, those little ones are really cute, bet you do enjoy them when the chances come. jmoore that travel quilt is gorgeous, I love all the colors, you will find something that will work with your IC later on. I did get that chance to stop in that one q-shop yesterday. I picked me up two half yards to work with the red IC I have planned. I can see me now playing with that fabric before I finish the other projects that I have scheduled to do. Have a happy sew-day everyone, I'm back to that shop I want to have one more look before I move on

Happy Sew-Day---cherryb

Sewbizgirl-your grand babies are so adorable. You sure do have 2 beautiful blessings that you can enjoy so much. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Sewbizgirl-your grand babies are so adorable. You sure do have 2 beautiful blessings that you can enjoy so much. Thanks for sharing your pics.
    Thank you... yes! They are gifts straight from Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Christine, how are you doing with your IC?
    Thanks for asking about the status of my IC. Unfortunately, I have not worked on it since finishing the top.. I've been busy with a few projects with quick deadlines. Currently, I've just finished piecing a scrappy French Rose quilt that I plan to pin and quilt this week. Will post some pics when I've finished.

BTW - your traveling quilt is marvelous! So very colorful and fun I can't imagine how creative you might be quilting it on your Bernina. I was at the Sewing Expo last week playing on the Q24 again - just having a little fun while dreaming of someday!

Regarding other scrappy ideas, I saw a fabulous post recently on the facebook group Scrappy Enthusiasts - the poster was trying to identify the quilt pattern from a picture that others referred to as Falling Leaves.. It appears easy enough to figure out the block, repeat and organize as you please.. here's the pic - I just love it.. maybe next year?

Name:  IMG_0991.JPG
Views: 282
Size:  130.1 KB
    Christine

Blog Entries
    What a fantastic scrappy quilt and it looks like it would be a fun one to piece. I love all the colors. It would be a perfect scrappy for a sew along.

I am very happy with my Q24; it stitches beautifully. I have been practicing ruler work with the last two quilts I’ve put on it. I did a lot of dreaming for many years... and test drives. ��

i cant wait to see your French rose quilt.

This looks great. But my ancestors are from Ireland and scrappys were frowned upon. During the potato famine scrappys was a sign of poverty. As such, Irish quilting guilds utilized single Irish chain quilt pattern.

Welcome to the quilting board Snitchesgetstitches! Thanks for sharing that tidbit of Irish history with us Considering I'm also Irish, I guess I should have already known that!

We would love to see any Irish chain quilts - single, double, solid color or scrappy Jump on in and join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Snitchesgetstitches View Post
    This looks great. But my ancestors are from Ireland and scrappys were frowned upon. During the potato famine scrappys was a sign of poverty. As such, Irish quilting guilds utilized single Irish chain quilt pattern.
    Christine

Blog Entries
    It's so good to see there is still some interest in this thread. Loving that Irish history also Snitches keep it coming. I am starting to gather my fabric for the red IC and may put together some purple fabric for one. Have a good sewing day everyone

Happy sewing---cherryb

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16