UFO 2023 Challenge

Old 10-08-2023, 01:26 PM

Got a ufo quilted today and trimmed. Just need binding. Progress. Refused to start a new project.
Old 10-08-2023, 04:10 PM

Oh, Pet, you are a strong women to not start a new project. I am taking a UFO with me to my retreat this coming weekend and hope to get-r-done! Lovely quilt pattern but I got started and then it dragged on and on and on with so many other patterns and blocks that were more "fun". Hoping I can post some progress by next week this time! Fingers crossed.

Pictures, we need pictures.... please.
Old 10-09-2023, 02:44 PM

Thank you Joe's mom! I'm so grateful to be here! And yes Gemm I hope the journey goes well!
Pet- Yay! What great progress! I'd love to see it too. And have lots of fun WMUTeach. Looking forward to seeing your finish!
Old 10-10-2023, 02:38 PM

Finished is good.
img_0234.jpeg
an observation; the background fabric is printed on bias. The blocks with half square triangles and other blocks on diagonal reflect the bias print of the background..
Old 10-11-2023, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Finished is good.
Attachment 645869
an observation; the background fabric is printed on bias. The blocks with half square triangles and other blocks on diagonal reflect the bias print of the background..
wow that looks great. Hugs!
Old 11-21-2023, 02:15 PM

We I completed 3 UFO’s last month. I’m working on another one and hope to complete by EOM. My goal for December, complete 2-4 more. Pending on my long arm. I’m having trouble quilting a baby top where 6 layers meet in the center of a block. The needle tends to stick in the area. Tonight or tomorrow I will quilt it out. If all goes well I will be done in less than 2 hours. Otherwise it could be many more hours. I will need to free motion the rest of the deign. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 12-08-2023, 12:49 PM

The last week of December I plan to start another year of UFO’s challenge 2024. I hope to see old and new members.

i had long arm minor issues November & December. Now I’m working on projects I should have completed in October and November. I have now just switched to projects I want to complete before the end of the year and for family members.

Old 12-08-2023, 04:26 PM

I will be there. I have cut down on the number of UFO's but It still helps to have a "plan" and friends to encourage me to get after them. I will join in when I see the new post for 2024.

Keep up the UFO chase, Happylab. Only two months behind, well, that is not as bad as some one I know well. Tee-Hee-Hee.
Old 12-08-2023, 06:23 PM

I'll be right there behind you happylab. 2023 was a bad year for finishes here. I only finished 2 UFOs. Hopefully I will do better next year.
Old 12-09-2023, 03:38 AM

My most annoying UFO is the half-finished Laura Heine collage taking up my full-sized guest bed. I took a class in early Nov. and have been chipping away at the intense process of cutting and sticking things down a little at a time ever since. It's not as easy to maneuver as a project box full of blocks. With those, I can make a few blocks and then set the box aside to work on something else. Hoping that some snowy day after the holidays, I will put pedal to the medal and move the collage into the finished column. And I'll never do a collage quilt again!