UFO 2023 Challenge

Old 12-10-2023, 08:36 AM

Finished my MIL Christmas quilt! Not in love with the fleece backing. It shifted or stretched or something and I didn't get to do as much quilting as I wanted to keep it secure. The bulges become more obvious. It's also my first T-shirt quilt. LQS had a class in the summer and I finally finished.

Next up - MY quilt. I've been doing lots of client work on the longarm and my projects keep getting shoved behind paid work. But nothing in the queue so time is now (should I be so happy to not have paid work coming in? My machine was very cheap so it has already paid for itself)
Old 12-10-2023, 12:38 PM

Mkotch, keep at it on the collage project. The collage is #3 on my new things to master in 2024. #1 is FPPing, #2 is FMQ on my long arm. (I signed up for 3 QAL virtual events for 2024. I will keep you posted on how well this goes. I will have practice starting completing step 2 on BHMQ sub blocks (will kill 2 birds with one stone as the saying goes). Plus I have been collecting Christmas blocks using FPP technique. So next year I will have a new Christmas throw/twin quilt.
Oh well chiefs are playing in an hour. I don’t expect them to play well today. Several important players are on the disabled list. But a true fan watches whether they win or lose. So need to go figure out what I will be doing doing the game while I watch the game. I think pinning 4 rows together on a top center and squaring blocks for another project. And if time permits, maybe figure out where I left off on my Double Irish ☘️ stars ufo from a few years back. I want to finish this project before the end of January 2024.
Oh, well enjoy your UFO 🛸, and happy sewing/quilting everyone.
Old 12-10-2023, 12:39 PM

I will be looking forward to seeing everyone in 2024.
Old 12-12-2023, 08:07 PM

Good evening 'Happylab,' and you other UFO'ers, it's been a while since I have been around with a voice. I mostly lurk now days. But I am interested in getting back on board this ole UFO train. I am working on something now and I want to stay encourage to finish it and I know that will be well into the New Year. So, I am back. Happy Holidays everyone

cherryb
Old 12-13-2023, 01:34 PM

Welcome back Cherrybsixty. Happy holidays. New thread for 2024 in 2-4 weeks.
Old 01-07-2024, 09:57 AM

FYI: The new thread s/b posted soon after the moderators have reviewed my thread. So get your UFOs together. See you soon on the new thread.
Old 01-11-2024, 07:04 PM

Hi, everyone! FYI: happylab has a new thread started.

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vbulle...e-t322179.html

Come join us.