UFO 2023 Challenge

Old 05-31-2023, 10:59 AM

Hi everyone! Between moving, 3 surgeries, moving again, vacations, traveling to watch two of my grandchildren play softball
(one at Univ of Kentucky and one at St Louis University) and a few other sidelines, I am finally back. I love this forum and
will list my projects in a few days. Meanwhile, happy sewing to you all.
Old 06-03-2023, 02:16 PM

Welcome back jaydee3, Looking forward to your finished projects. The hot weather is a great time to stay inside and quilt.

Well, I got the QOV top quilted. Now working on quilting 3 baby tops for a friend. Then back to my projects. Yea, slowly making progress.

I’m sitting at my dining room table and watching the birds eat the bird seed together. In the last 5 minutes i have seen black birds, turtle doves, sparrows, and starlings drop by. In the morning I see a few cardinal, and robins searching for worms in the grass. It’s amazing to watch different bird species eating side by side. So relaxing.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:19 AM

Oh, it’s now time to push getting several of my ufo finished. I plan to finish the following by end of June.
(1) Labs going hunting = just needs squared and bind. (2) small chiefs quillow = needs pillow portion quilted and then sew pillow on to quilt. (3) lock-in 2020 = needs square & sew on binding. (4). Halloween 👻 quilt = need - borders sewn, quilted and bind. And lastly, (5) finish r/w/blk quilt = need to sew 3 blocks, sew squares together and sew on borders. Quilt and bind. Then it’s on to July projects. I have 11 days to do all of this.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:03 PM

Happylab, you amaze me! I am wondering if your days are longer than 24 hours! Go for it and I wish you well!

Last edited by WMUTeach; 06-20-2023 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2023, 04:35 AM

Good morning everyone. Such a nice morning. We had overnight thunderstorms and the much needed rain.

FYI: Today is National UFO day. So let’s get working on, or finish a UFO, or a few ufo projects. I would like to see the finished UFOs.

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone.
Old 08-01-2023, 05:57 AM

Ok, I see we need a UFO challenge for this month. Let’s see if we can complete 2 UFO’s for the month of August. That gives us 31 days to get 2 off our list. Come on our ufo members, let’s get flying to complete those ufo’s. 😊!!!
Old 08-01-2023, 09:56 AM

I’m in. Great idea. I’m in need of motivation.
Old 08-01-2023, 04:46 PM

Oh, happylab, you are funny! I am in! My current pile of unfinished projects aren't really UFO's. I will try to dig out a UFO or two to add to my pile. Interesting that the leader of my quilting group put out the same challenge! Great minds think alike I guess.

Come on everyone, jump in and let's finish some of our UFOs! Keep in mind that a finish makes more room for other projects, fabric and ..... UFO's Ha Ha Ha!
Old 08-02-2023, 12:59 AM

I'm going to put 2 on the August challenge for myself.
1) my nephew just needs a label and binding and
2) I have a QOV that I need to short out the backing, quilt and bind.

I've got some casual stitching that I want to finish so that the top is done and ready to quilt after I do those 2.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:24 AM

I've got two near completion. One needs a binding and the other needs me to finish quilting, add borders, and bind. I'm sure I can finish by the end of the month. Thanks for the challenge!