UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 02-15-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
Finished a ufo that’s been ( laying around) for at least 5 years- probably closer to 7.
and another Ufo I decided just to pass on- donate somewhere- I’m never going to finish it so there is no point keeping it laying around.so... 2 done. They were both Round Robins that the sewing group I used to go to did, years ago.
here’s the one I did finish
Ckcowl- I think that's a really lovely treatment for your applique. The pieced and solid borders around it make for a really nice medallion quilt.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:18 PM

Rff1010: Very pretty quilt top and your mitering looks great! The recipient will love it!

I pulled out my tea towel UFO today. I hope to work on it later this week.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:59 PM

Quiltbear....amazing quilts. Just beautiful!

Mona...love your strip quilt. Looks like a lot of work...I’ve never made a strip quilt but I keep saving strips for it...

WMUteach....great use of your time. Looking forward to seeing your finish..

rff....Lemoyne Star is my fav star block... yours looks fantastic! Yes, I steal from projects all the time. There is enough fabric in this world to compensate for the stolen yardage...lol....besides, I sometimes end up redesigning or using another pattern. That’s what makes this craft so much fun and creative....

ckcowl.....your round robin is so cute! Great finish!

My jelly roll quilt is ready for LA’er...found backing in stash and had a miscut batting that just needed a bit of squaring up... was the perfect size. LA’er said she is working on my two quilts this week...so, I drop this one off when I pick up the other two. yah!!

Last edited by Teen; 02-15-2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 09:06 PM

I haven’t finished any UFOs lately. I’ve been busy completing 2 smaller projects from my scrappy stash.

I enjoy seeing all of the finished projects. Keep up the great work everyone.

in a few days I will get back to my ufo quilting. The power grip people wants our area to conserve energy and not run dishwashers or washing machine for the next few days. At least until the cold snap move out of our area. We are expecting -19F for low tonight. It’s currently -3F. We are also expecting more snow on Wednesday. So I guess I will read or watch tv. Straighten up my sewing room and house & entertain my pets.

stay warm and be safe everyone.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:24 PM

This quilt hasn't been sitting long, it did sit in the UFO stack so I'm claiming it as a UFO finish. The front is from stash. The back and binding was purchased. OOPs, still have to do the binding-tomorrow. I'll post pictures now though.
hibiscus-orange.pink-resize-2mp-crop.jpg hibiscus-orange.pink-quilting-back-resize-.25mp.jpg
Old 02-16-2021, 10:18 AM

Wow....so pretty, petthefabric... beautiful finish...
Old 02-16-2021, 10:32 AM

petthefabric, that is lovely. Thank you for the close-up of the quilting -- what a beautiful design.
Old 02-16-2021, 10:42 AM

Ckcowl- glad you decided to finish that one- it's a beauty. Congratulations!

Rff1010- nice finish!

way to go petthefabric!

so that’s 4 more to add to Feb. finish! I’m trying to get mine done, but it’s taking longer than I thought to do the inktense coloring and then it needs some more quilting and also some Lumiere painting so a March finish is more likely.

Rob
Old 02-16-2021, 03:23 PM

Default My February UFO Finish

Ta-Da! My February UFO is finished!.... Well all except the label, but I don't know who is going to get it or if it will be a donation to Project Linus. All materials from my stash from top to backing and the batting in between! It feels so good to have a finish. This working thing is really cutting into my quilting time! Off to add this to the Fabric Moratorium Thread.
Attached Thumbnails 2021-2-13-green-off-set-barn-raising.jpg  
Old 02-16-2021, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Pretty backing ptf! Thanks for sharing the quilting from that side.

WMUTeach...the off center placement of HST's is spot on! And I hear it all came from stash as well; WTG

Last edited by oksewglad; 02-16-2021 at 03:45 PM.