UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 02-21-2021, 05:29 PM

Welcome Karen to the UFO crowd and I too am looking forward to what you have to show us. But, we're here, to help you on to completing whatever it is that you want to get off your table.
I too, have not worked a UFO in a while, but I did finish a new apron, mask and chef' hat for a friend I really got to get it off to her.
Well everyone have a safe and warm coming week and I pray that the snow melts, the power is restored and the water supply gets better

Happy week all cherryb
Old 02-21-2021, 06:56 PM

Dedemac: Thanks for the chuckle on monkey wards. I remember those stores. Fingers crossed the new walking foot will work.

cherry: You have been busy working on fun projects plus mask making. There will be a time for your UFO’s sometime in the future.

My main machine is in for a cleaning and, hopefully, the zigzag sensor can be fixed without getting a new part. I moved my other machine to my favorite sewing spot and need to work on my UFO tea towel that I pulled out last week. I’m also working on a quilt top that I’m trying to keep out of UFO land. 🤷‍♀️
Old 02-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey all, I have a finish. I signed up for Helen Godden's BOM for 2017 a couple of years ago and did all the painting and quilting of individual squares, but then put them away before joining them into the finished quilt. Here it is. It's approx. 58"L x 47"W. Thanks for looking.

Rob
That is beautiful! Congratulations.
Jeanine
Old 02-22-2021, 05:46 PM

Finally have a UFO finish. January was a bust for me, but at least I finished something this month. Hopefully there will be more finishes in March.
Attached Thumbnails 6a1a73d3-bb30-42fb-beba-9b85753a8a8f.jpeg  
Old 02-22-2021, 07:07 PM

Sync - very nice kimono quilt.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:35 AM

Sync- beautiful kimono quilt! Congratulations on getting it done.

thanks, Jeanine!

Rob
Old 02-23-2021, 04:42 PM

Sync: Great finish! I like the circular quilting.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:02 PM

I have enjoyed all the UFO's being finished and appreciate all the pictures!

I didn't know about this thread at the start of the year, but after a LONG time away from quilting, I got a bug this New Year's and started dragging out projects that weren't done and some that weren't even started. I've been sewing like a crazy person for two months and I've finished a lot of tops and quilts. I added a few more pictures to my albums, today.

I hope to leave each of my children and grandchildren a really nice bed-sized quilt, and maybe even a batch of baby quilts ready for more future grandchildren.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:09 PM

Thanks everyone. This top was started back in 2016 when Aurifil was doing a BOM mini series. I did have a bit of a scare when this was done .... I couldn’t find the binding that I made for it ...... I found it hiding in one of my scrap bins.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:53 AM

Thepolyparrot- welcome to the UFO group! Congratulations on getting those projects done and post pics if you get a chance. Also, send a pm to Conchalea telling her how many finishes you have for each month and she will add them to our ongoing group tally.

Rob