UFO Challenge for 2021

Old 01-06-2021, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
I’ll bounce in and cheer you’all on, as usual. I know you know this but I don’t have any UFO’s and my goal is to keep it that way...
Like Teen, I do not have any UFOs but will be cheering everyone on and excited for your progress and motivation. I do have one quilt that needs a binding but I plan to get it on this coming week so I can start a new project guilt free...

Rob, you always amaze me with your creative projects and I can’t wait to see some of your finishes.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:36 PM

K & I sandwiched a green UFO from her daughter on Monday & started quilting it. I went riding yesterday, & while I was out, K completed the quilting! She also trimmed it on her own plus she bound it! She thought she would need my help with trimming, but was so eager to.get it on her bed that she powered through on her own. I feel like a proud mama. It's on her bed, highly approved of by her pit bull mix, Chewy, a loveable dog.
Once again my phone won't upload the picture. I'll try from a computer.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:02 AM

I am going to do this this year. I have a number of UFO's in varioius stages of completion. I need to drag them out and figure out where to start. I have promised myself that I will not start a new quilt (and I have a few in my mind I want to do) until I complete several of these.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

AQS ( American Quilters Society) has a ufo challenge every year too- we make our list then each number they choose a number and challenge you to finish the ufo in that number slot that month. I have (4!) lists. January’s number is 7. Today I finished my #7 ufo from list #2 — still piecing— now I’m going to load up the ( needs quilting) #7 and get that done. It would sure be wonderful to get all (4) #7’s done in January.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:10 PM

I have 9 quilt tops that I have sitting here from 2020 and a multitude of other unfinished tops. I am hoping to get at least the quilt tops from 2020 finished. I have a plan! Plus I have 3 from 2019 that I need to finish that are basted and ready to be quilted. One will be quilted in sections and then sewn together like a QAYG finish. I will have to finish them all on my DSM so here's to getting them finished!
Old 01-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Conchalea: You taught K well! I look forward to a picture.

Welcome to our new friends.

ckcowl: 4 lists will keep you busy every month. Great way to keep yourself organized.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:16 AM

Default Chewy on K's quilt

Here is Chewy! She approves of K's quilt, finished Jan. 5, 2021
Attached Thumbnails chewy-small.jpg  
Old 01-08-2021, 10:51 AM

I'm in this year too. It is always more fun (and gratifying) when someone else cheers you on for long-time Works in Progress.

This is what I can think of at the moment:
3 Quillows for a cousin's grandkids (>2 yo, need quilted and bound)
1 Quillow (< 1 yo, top done)
1 Saturday Sampler (4 mo.)
Twin-Embroidered Cars for a cousin's son (1yo)
Embroidered Bears (1yo)
Batik Sampler Blocks (2 yo)
A 2-Block Batik Quilt (1 yo)
2- Layer Cake "Zero-Waste" quilts (1 yo)
A multitude of Around the World quilts. (Around 20 I have access to and 6 more totes of squares I haven't sorted out yet).

I know I won't get through all of these this year, but it is good to have a list to start from.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Welcome MMaid! Our lists do give us a visual and a plan.
Old 01-08-2021, 01:16 PM

Motorcyclemad, amazing you know how old they are. Your mind must still be working at full throtle.

At 43 UFO's, I stopped counting. If I get 1/2 of those done in 1 yr, I'll be amazing, I'd jump, but the body says, NO.