Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 01-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jaynie
I finished by first UFO of 2011 on the 2nd day of the year. posted pic here:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87026-1.htm
very pretty
Old 01-05-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jaynie
I finished by first UFO of 2011 on the 2nd day of the year. posted pic here:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-87026-1.htm
Jaynie your quilt is beautiful!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:53 AM

craftyone27, bet I have enough of these to share so you can finish out the year.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by beautress
Happy New Year, everybody! I've got a lot of quilt tops from when I wasn't feeling well last year. After 2 operations, I'm just now feeling normal again. I hope to quilt a number of small quilts I made in the last 2 years (and some before that) to post here this year when I get them done. I'd love it if I could quilt two a month and have 24 done by Dec. 31, 2011.

I wish all of you luck and me, too, in getting my behemoth stack of quilting UFOs quilted!

This is a great inspiring place! Lots of love and encouragement to you as you tackle this year with accomplishments!!!
I think if you were to get 24 done in 2011 we would officially declare you the "Winner". 24, really? Now that is what I call ambition. Look forward to seeing everyone's "finished" works.
I have several myself, but I'm afraid to count or list them. Besides, I have other things I want start. Bet, there are others out there with the same situation. So many desires, so little time.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:47 PM

[i]"I have several myself, but I'm afraid to count or list them. Besides, I have other things I want start. Bet, there are others out there with the same situation. So many desires, so little time."[i]

I'm with you BlueBonnet! Although I probably would have had a better chance if I had never found this Board. All I want to do at night when I get home is read, read, read ... I'm addicted!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM

Beutress -- 24?? What size are these quilts you plan to finish?
Old 01-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Hey Beautress,What size are you talking about,I think I might join with you.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM

I'm in! It was one of my resolutions last year to work on only UFOs from January until October 15, when I went on a quilting vacation. I knew I would be starting new quilts with the new fabrics I'd buy on vacation. I also resolved not to buy any new fabric for the same time period unless I needed it to finish a quilt I was working on. But in October, all bets were off! And ohhhh, did I buy fabric on vacation! I have soooo many UFOs. At last count, I had almost 70, with half of those being quilt tops ready to quilt. I do mostly hand quilting, so I can sew a top WAY faster than I can quilt, so the tops continue to pile up. But since I have about 35 tops that are in the process of being pieced, I have plenty to keep me busy. However, I also have a list of quilts I want to START this year, so I think by finishing one UFO each month, I'll still have time to start something new after the UFO is finished. I'm going to start with the easiest ones to finish so I can get a real sense of accomplishment to spur me on for the rest of the year.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 AM

Just a suggestion and to make you feel like you've accomplished something -- why don't you machine quilt a few of those tops! I will certainly motivate you in your mission to clean up some of those UFO's!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by liese
Just a suggestion and to make you feel like you've accomplished something -- why don't you machine quilt a few of those tops! I will certainly motivate you in your mission to clean up some of those UFO's!
LOL .. that would be too easy!
Unless I cannot breathe any more, I always figure I haven't accomplished enough.
I am working on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery (http://www.quiltville.com - - Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll) because that is in my way ... the quilting of quilt tops is in the big house and going in there is a hassle for the moment. The tops will just have to wait.
So, I came on line to whine!
I was so cute, thinking I was catching up, to find out that I had not completely done one of the first steps.
Aggravation! I JUST put away my cutting board and set up my sewing machine, to find out that I have to put away my sewing machine and get the cutting board back out.
Oh! The price we pay for putting off until some other day the job we have in front of us right this moment!
I am so excited, though! I have decided who will be receiving this newest quilt top - - our local thrift store is allowed to run a raffle. Since they were the source of many of my pieces for this quilt, and since I am pretty impressed with the pattern, I will be donating this quilt to our Community Cents Thrift Store - - it killed them when I walked in and bought a summer party dress (full length) of cotton/raime fabric and told them it was going into a quilt!
I think they will forgive me when they see what was produced and if it helps to raise some funds for their chosen charities: McKay Nursing Home, Soap Lake Food Bank, and Soap Lake Senior Citizen Center. <wave>