Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by wildyard
Rumor has it that wildyard will have cabana boys and they will be serving margaritas and not alien punch.
LOLOL... if I were to drink margaritas they would turn me into an alien!
Boo hoo~ :cry: Just make sure there are a few cabana boys and I'll be just fine. :thumbup:
Great idea, I'll send DH down to the American Legion Hall and have him recruit a few of his old buddies for us. Oh wait! perhaps by boys, you didn't mean as in the "good ole'" variety?
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Rumor has it that wildyard will have cabana boys and they will be serving margaritas and not alien punch.
Boo hoo~ :cry: Just make sure there are a few cabana boys and I'll be just fine. :thumbup:
Great idea, I'll send DH down to the American Legion Hall and have him recruit a few of his old buddies for us. Oh wait! perhaps by boys, you didn't mean as in the "good ole'" variety?
I am a lifetime member of Post 4108 Auxiliary. Maybe I could find a few Post members to bring along. How many do you think we'll need? :lol:
Old 03-28-2011, 11:39 AM

I am a lifetime member of Post 4108 Auxiliary. Maybe I could find a few Post members to bring along. How many do you think we'll need? :lol:
Aww, no need, I live up here in the boonies, and with all these good ole' boys and exloggers I'm sure I can find you plenty of new friends to meet. Maybe I can even get them to wash up and put on clean clothes and change their socks since it's spring and the snow is almost gone. Don't hold out for all 3 tho, I'm not a miracle worker. :D
Old 03-28-2011, 12:02 PM

Aww, no need, I live up here in the boonies, and with all these good ole' boys and exloggers I'm sure I can find you plenty of new friends to meet. Maybe I can even get them to wash up and put on clean clothes and change their socks since it's spring and the snow is almost gone. Don't hold out for all 3 tho, I'm not a miracle worker. :D
Dang it! I wants me 3 of them good ole' boys. Might get some flack from my honey though. Don't want to rock that boat. ;-)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:42 PM

Dang it! I wants me 3 of them good ole' boys. Might get some flack from my honey though. Don't want to rock that boat. ;-)
See how they are, sheesh!
Old 03-28-2011, 12:51 PM

I just found this site, so I will b getting a late start. I stack all of my projects in plastic storage bins next to my sewing/cutting area. The pile has gotten so high that I am afraid they will tumble and suffocate me; guess it is time to whittle down the number of storage bins. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM

See how they are, sheesh!
He's worth it!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176615.jpe  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Judebug, your finished projects are all fabulous. I especially like the pattern on the purse/tote. Simple yet beautiful!
:D Thank you SandyinZ4. I have several of these vintage pieced stars but the sizes aren't uniform for piecing most of them together. This was a good alternative for the 4 largest ones I had.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Judebug
My creative productivity has gone into overdrive since January, but my posts here have been way behind. :/ The tote was finished Jan.24th. The other three quilts were completed Feb.27-Mar.3rd and have already been received by the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston,TX for their online quilt auction Oct.26th - Nov.9,2011. They will also be shown at the Houston Quilt Festival. The auction fundraiser is for Ovarian cancer research (of which I am a 6yr. survivor).
Bravo for beautifully using those donated blocks. Congrats that you are a survivor! :thumbup:
Thank you TonnieLoree for your kind words and congrats. Feels great to live and give! I wish that for everyone who has or will face life's challenges. Quilting sure jazzes up my day, as I know it does for all of us here. :-D
Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM

March UFO's still tumbling out of my studio!

top view of a fiber bowl made from a quilt block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176707[/ATTACH]

1936 Whirlygig Hex blocks made into a 13" X 75" table runner
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176709[/ATTACH]

flipside of the table runner using scrap piecing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176710[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-176701.jpe   attachment-176703.jpe   attachment-176704.jpe