Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
This is a UFO started in 2005. When I realized there were some issues with some of the Geese wings, It got demoted to the pile of experience. After I saw the UFO Challenge, I dug this one out and decided to finish it regardless. This is the 3rd UFO I have finished. I think I need a break from these aliens though, even though there are many more to complete.

Introducing "The Geese are Grounded" or "Disabled Mid-Flight". I really don't remember the true name of the pattern. It only looks out of square because it is pinned to the drapery.
Well, I looked and looked and I can't see anything wrong with it Love the design!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
This is a UFO started in 2005. When I realized there were some issues with some of the Geese wings, It got demoted to the pile of experience. After I saw the UFO Challenge, I dug this one out and decided to finish it regardless. This is the 3rd UFO I have finished. I think I need a break from these aliens though, even though there are many more to complete.

Introducing "The Geese are Grounded" or "Disabled Mid-Flight". I really don't remember the true name of the pattern. It only looks out of square because it is pinned to the drapery.
Well, I looked and looked and I can't see anything wrong with it Love the design!
Thank you. I guess it's only when you are eye-ball close that they really stand out. (It's a early Mother's Day gift for my Mom)
Old 04-04-2011, 10:19 PM

[quote=TonnieLoree]
Well, I looked and looked and I can't see anything wrong with it [quote]

Me neither! Isn't it so often the way - what seems like a glaring, painfully obvious error to me isn't even noticed by other people. I love your colours.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:55 AM

[quote=annesthreads][quote=TonnieLoree]
Well, I looked and looked and I can't see anything wrong with it

Me neither! Isn't it so often the way - what seems like a glaring, painfully obvious error to me isn't even noticed by other people. I love your colours.
Yes, they were "glaring and painfully obvious to me". My honey told me a while ago that "you artist types are too critical of your work' and "you are always trying to fix something that to Joe Average, would not notice at all until you point it out". I took it as a compliment, since I've never considered myself an artist. He's probably right, I just can't help myself. ;-) The nature of the quilting beast.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:17 AM

Love the name of the quilt and I also don't see anything wrong with your geese. Beautiful quilt!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:14 AM

Well it's 2am here and I haven't had time to do any posting or been here on the board for that matter. Hubby has been sick in and out of Dr.s office the past 2 weeks. great job getting those UFO's done. just droped by for encouraging words to those who need them. great to see so many newbies joining the chalenge too. Take care all, gota go and check on hubby. chat this week end if things settle down. Love you all.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Judebug
Here's my first January UFO. I'm hoping to do two a month since I have 24+ in the wings, working on the smallest first. Details of this project are on my blog - plus macro view of the quilt itself. It measures less than 12" X 14" but took countless hours to execute start to finish.
This is really lovely. It would make a nice mini quilt.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:37 PM

I have just finished my double bed log cabin quilt--and am very thankful it is done! Do here it is -- my April UFO!! :D

It is a scrappy quilt and was a lot of fun to piece--but not so much to quilt as I had to change thread color and stop and start many times given the diagonal feathers!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181508[/ATTACH]

The pieced top has been in hiding for the best part of two years, and I had forgotten what it looked like, to tell the truth!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181509[/ATTACH]

This is the back of the quilt,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]181510[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181500.jpe   attachment-181502.jpe   attachment-181503.jpe   attachment-181504.jpe  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM

This is lovely. I like the open feather quilting without a lot of traveling on the same spot. I think this would be easier for me to do as I find it hard to stitch right on top of the first line of stitching. Your choice of colours (Canadian spelling) is interesting. And, April is just beginning and you are done already.!!
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 PM

I love your colors, what a cool log cabin. Congrats on getting it done.............it does feel good to get them done.