Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2011 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

UFO Challenge of the Month 2011

Old 04-08-2011, 10:21 PM

What a beautiful quilt. and SO well quilted! Don't think I'll be posting any close-ups of my quilting stitches :-) I'm hoping to finish my February UFO this weekend. Then I can look at Jan, March and April's. Sigh.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Audball
This is lovely. I like the open feather quilting without a lot of traveling on the same spot. I think this would be easier for me to do as I find it hard to stitch right on top of the first line of stitching. Your choice of colours (Canadian spelling) is interesting. And, April is just beginning and you are done already.!!
Thank you all for the nice comments about my quilt. As for the feathers, I cannot for the life of me backtrack on any line of stitching that I do! However, using Sally Terry's technique for making feathers, I do not have to!!!! All I need to do is to be able to make an S curve and it's done! (I bought the Sally Terry "Hooked on Feathers" book ). And honestly, if I can do this, anyone can! :-D :-D :-D Iris

p.s. As for the choice of colours (aussie spelling as well!), I save my scraps and the smaller ones I cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. When I have enough, I make a log cabin quilt with whatever I have available in a certain range of colours. However it comes out, that's what it is! As you can tell, the results can have some interesting or weird combinations, to say the least.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:14 PM

Beautiful log cabin Iris!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I'm in, Clean out those ufos and make room for more new fabric!
:D :D 8-) :thumbup:
Old 04-11-2011, 02:47 AM

Lindyline what a beautiful quilt...well done.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Iris that is a beautiful quilt, and just my colors, sooooooo you can send that my way knowing it would be used and loved. My bedroom is finally finished (this past weekend) in dusty rose (it was my UFO for the month) ha ha. lovely
Old 04-13-2011, 09:48 AM

What a lovely quilt. Super quilting.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:50 AM

I am impressed! Perhaps there is hope that I can finish my "Winter Wreath" tabletopper after 13 years of it being in my things to complete pile. I hand pieced the variation of drunkard's path using a unique blue tone snowflake fabric from WalMart and white muslin, Then went to find backing and nothing worked with the blue and life continued for 12 years --- finally found a fabric for backing and life continued=== just unearthed this the other week while packing to move. So I will finish this by Easter or find someone else to give it a home.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by WilliP
I am impressed! Perhaps there is hope that I can finish my "Winter Wreath" tabletopper after 13 years of it being in my things to complete pile. I hand pieced the variation of drunkard's path using a unique blue tone snowflake fabric from WalMart and white muslin, Then went to find backing and nothing worked with the blue and life continued for 12 years --- finally found a fabric for backing and life continued=== just unearthed this the other week while packing to move. So I will finish this by Easter or find someone else to give it a home.
There is always hope WilliP! I am eagerly waiting to see the photos of your finished "Winter Wreath" tabletopper. I love blues so know it will be beautiful. Hugs and smilessss... welcome to the group.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM

Oooooh that log cabin is pretty.

Can't post pics yet, as they are not DONE, but on Monday 26 tops go out in three PP boxes to be finished and donated. YIPEEE--a BIG tote, a basket, and a box empty.
I will post pics when they are tied and bound....

I have a couple of other projects done, but cannot get my stupid CD drawers to open in the computer so I can put in the CD to download the pics form the digital camera I bought.
GRRRRR.