Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Ring the bell.
    Wildyard, this is a wonderful comfort quilt.
    I don't know how you ever got all those different blocks together so well!
    As my Mom would say...you must have the patience of Job!
    Nice quilting too.
    Great finish.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Whew, thought I lost this thread. I have some finishes finally ladies. It has been all month! Now, I only have 6 days to finish the other 8. I have tops done, but just have not had time to get on longarm to finish them. Here is the baby quilt done, revised ufo into pot holder using a left over drunkard path block, and a fall dresdan plat that needed some help because I misplaced a couple blocks so improvised and added fabric and I like how it turned out.

Ring those bells and blow the whistle....congrats to you QM.
    Nice finishes.
    Your Dresden Plate is absolutely gorgeous!
    Great job.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

May Done!

Just about didn't make this one in time! I made the top about 1 year ago for a friend..he hasn't seen it yet. Its from a Missouri Star Tutorial and is a stack and whack pattern..(if I remember correctly.lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    How pretty missgigglewings. Love that one.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    missgigglewings, love the quilt. Haven't tried a stack and wack yet, but I may have to now. Love the MSQC tuts. I ordered a number of their templates so that I could do the tops like they did.

Have a great day.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    I have some finishes, but can't post yet because is for the quilts for quilters swap and don't want her to see it yet. I did finish the 1930s star log cabin, binding left to do, but done this week. Got my thanksgiving table runner done, the one fabric wonder table runner done, another ugy heart table runner that i found done, and the maple leaf quilt done. It turned out so gorgeous. No photos yet, but will in a couple days when I catch my breath. So happy! That is 8 so far and I still have three days to finish some more. No, those lace bags still are not done. The easiest and still.........

We're lookin' forward ta seein' 'em.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    Just about didn't make this one in time! I made the top about 1 year ago for a friend..he hasn't seen it yet. Its from a Missouri Star Tutorial and is a stack and whack pattern..(if I remember correctly.lol)
    Darlin'!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Ok, here is a sneak peak of the 30s quiltName:  30s log quilted.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  290.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Ok, here is a sneak peak of the 30s quiltName:  30s log quilted.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  290.6 KB
    Wow! That's a beauty!

Bev

Blog Entries
    ok ladies, there are some seriously awesome quilts and such being posted. Give yourselves a big pat on the back and ring the bell. I can hear some serious chiming going on. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your talent. You ladies are making it VERY hard to pick a favorite. I love them all. Awesome work on you UFO's!!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Oh QM you are such a tease. It's awful pretty.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

I just found this thread and would like to join you all in getting at least one UFO done a month. I have recently sorted my UFOs into tubs on a bookshelf...there are 16 tubs. (shown on back wall of my sewing area.) One has FQs, 3 have my children's started quilts in them (ones they are sewing), and a couple have more than one project! So plenty to keep me busy! Plus one tub has fabric for the Pony Club quilt...I saw dublb posted some so *know* her from that. I started late so have lots to catch up on with those too.

I went to Market in KS w/the owner of the LQS where I work part-time. She ordered some new charms to sell in the shop, so I have decided I will buy a quilt block charm each time I finish a quilt this year. This will just be for actual quilts, not table runners or wall hangings or other small projects.

I haven't made it through all 100 pages of posts yet, but look forward to seeing your projects for May and months following.

Carrie

Blog Entries
    Hi Carrie, at least you know where all the UFO's are located in The Clubhouse! Glad you have given yourself an incentive to get the big ones done.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I'm following along too. I have a lot of WIPs most haven't been sitting for over a year, but is seems like this year I've been an ADHD quilter. So, I'm following along in this group to help me not start something else before I get some of these others finished. Do you mind if I share my finishes even if they aren't super old UFOs?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Carrie - I'm glad that your here. I'd love ta see what else ya git done. I'm havein' a hard time finishin' my PC blocks much less gittin' anything done here. I keep tryin' though.
    Foxflower - Oh please show us what ever ya git done. We'd love ta see 'em.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Carrie, you will be inspired by the wonderful works these ladies do. Makes me wonder why we left them alone.

I bought thread for quilting one quilt, backing and batting for another today. Need to help my 10yr old dd with her quilt tomorrow. She wants to take it to Fair in July...she got the quilting done earlier this week and we got the binding fabric bought today. It is her 2nd "big" quilt...this one is twin, her 1st was a lap.

My plan for June is to finish a "jelly roll race" quilt I started more than a year ago. I need to put the borders on (already cut) and get it sandwiched for quilting. This quilt will just be SITD quilting with a decorative stitch. I have everything needed to finish after getting the thread today so no excuses!!

During June I will also be helping my son (12yrs old) finish his 1st quilt. He is using the QAYG method since it is for a queen sized bed. All the blocks are in rows, so he is ready for the quilting. This "UFO" was started 3 years ago and then we moved and he never got back to it. Now he decided he wants it done in time for Fair. He also has a "jelly roll race" quilt top almost done (one border on, 2nd ready to go on). I don't think he will try to be both finished before July though!

Busy month ahead!

Boy, ya got a lot planned for July. Way ta go teachin' your kids ta quilt! I bet they love it. Mine aren't interested, but one niece & one nephew are startin' ta ask ta learn.
    Bev

Thank you dublb. When I get something done I'll post pics. You all are an inspiration.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I feel like I have fallen off the wagon.... Nothing completed in May, have 2 kings together, piano keys made for one, , bo both need borders and quilting. My longarm reservation this Sunday for my sister's (May finish) will now be spent doing a customers quilt. I also have 2 small lap quilts started and finished in May so they don't count for the UfO of the month.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

Blog Entries
    Ah, but brushandthimble, they count as a finish! That is what matters, you started and finished. Congrats on that.

Blog Entries
    Here are my lace bags finally.

Blog Entries
    Here is a shot of the bags with the snaps on. The bottle in the middle was from my stash that I inherited from my grandmother at her passing. She always found ways to use all plastic containers no matter what they were. you just did not throw things away.Name:  lace bottlwe.JPG
Views: 121
Size:  145.6 KB

B&T - Oh please show us! We wanta see!
    QM - Those are darlin'! (& your DGM was one smart cookie!)
    Bev

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36 45 46 47 56 ... LastLast