Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Nice quilt. Love the colors for sure. Also, to catch you up, I still have 49 to go before the end of year for my 120. We are all in this together and are earning our PHDs and at the end we get a diploma for our efforts, or at least look at the lovely projects we finally finished. I have some that are 10 years old, which will be getting done. When I moved from Montana to Washington, several projects I had started there got put on the way side and now I am really over run with them. I like to cut fabric then get interrupted and not finish them. So, I am hoping you truly enjoy the UFO Quilt Show and stay with us. We are all pulling together to encourage each other along this wonderful road of quilting.
    QM, you are an inspiration to us all. You have had some brilliant finishes. I'm ashamed to say I haven't finished anything in several months. I have only just bearly been keeping up with my swaps, donations and baby things for my "almost" grandson. But, I am going to finish a quilt very very soon. (thank goodness) I really want that on my bed before winter hits. Groan, I'm a Floridian transplanted to KY. It's a lot colder here. But, anyway, You can do it. I just know your going to make your goals.! "thumbup"
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I just love all the finishes you all have been posting! I eeked one out in July and now I have to get on it to eek one out in August. LOL... I know I can, I know I can....
    So wonderful to have all the inspiration here in this thread!! Keep those bells ringingg and Toot, toot!!!!!! welcome to all the new riders on this awesome UFO Train.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Exciting news, I finally finished all the log cabin 30s blocks that I had started, uhm (clear throat) 6 years ago. yep, I had already made two quilts with them and still, can't believe my ocd on them, two baby quilts and the star log cabin I want for myself for show. I have to go to LQS to pick a border. Nothing I have on hand works for me. It is not going to be a large one, but still needs a little something I think. If I find something absolutely terrific, I will make it a 6" border so can quilt a swag on border but otherwise going to be beadboard. I have all the quilting figured out, just need to get on longarm after border. Then the two other ones, I think I am going to do two sams and two sues on the empty spots and then border it with a black 30s. On the other I am going to do redwork embroidery, of course with my Bernina, and then maybe add some small nine patches out of the scraps for the border. I will save this one for my grand baby whenever get one, yep many years down the road I am sure. I just think they turned out nice so want to keep it.
    This am put up dill pickles, have to do some zucchini fritters tonight or just shred and freeze, get a wallhanging for customer done so can put in show this weekend, then I have to put back on the longarm a trout quilt that had to be ripped out because of tension issues on thread, then I can load one of mine to get finished. I have three others for customers to get done but I have a deadline of next week for my three so I have to get busy. It was only 98 in garage yesterday so I was loosing weight (wish) sweating up a storm. Glasses would not stay up because of the heat. DH finally said that next year we can put in a portable air conditioner for garage. You know, I was relieved. Cold front moving in (high of 88) so will be easier to get my quilting done. Then I get a long weekend (Labor Day weekend) for doing customer quilts inbetween going to the fair to see my entries and hoping I win a blue ribbon. Well, enough chatter, I will get back to work printing out the O&M Manuals for a project that is done. Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I need it right now.
    Oh yeah, I did finish tacking down my turkey on the table runner started a couple of years ago. Looking good.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Go QuilterMamma! Go, go, go!!!

Can't wait to see the pics...you know I like the log cabin star already.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    I made it to LQS during lunch, boss was here so got to get out of my hole, and found some border fabric. I just had to add that zinger in because nothing wanted to work well with the outer red and blue. So, if I get enough time tonight, will get it cut and sewed on. Have to get the customer show quilts done and of course, it is over 95 today so I am sure that garage is going to be all kinds of fun. Will cool off this week so will be out there in am and pm depending on garden of course. Well I am off to work again, will show asap Fraew.

Blog Entries
    I have been mia because I finally finished a top that I started 11 years ago today. I figured since the boss did not remember my Bday, then he would not mind I took a little extra lunch and started late this am, he's not here so executive decision on my part, and I feel so relieved. I have been trying to do this bugger all year long. It only had 576 2.5" squares to sew along with 3.5" squares to 6.5" squares and is a queen. yep, a whole lot of little squares. Be different if sampler but a whole pattern of faux drunkard path and I can say I know why it took me so long to want to do but fell in love with it once I got the blocks to the 6.5" stage and was able to sew the top. Now to get a quilting panto that I like for it. Does not need custom, an e2e will do nicely. It is busy enough. Well, out to garage to get some quilitng done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

QM--I can see why you like this when it was all together! Looks great!!

I have another lap quilt almost done...just have to quilt the last row and then add borders. I started working on the next one today since it was too hot to sit with the bulk of the other quilt on my lap today.

QM that is wonderful!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    My feat today, to make the boss happy after he was so generous for me to have it here at office, was to finish the upholstering of a chair that I just love. Rocked my babies in it and lived in it for nearly a year while pregnant and then after because she was colicky. I have the cushion to do yet. need DH help to do the last of the stapling because his hands are so strong and mine are bleeding and bruised (yep I did hit them) then want to put the pretty tacks on which he is good at. I am off to the cushion right now. Won't boss be surprised when I have all this "stuff" of mine out of office. It has sat here for over a year!

latebloomerar I am a sucker for orange and points in quilts. Your quilt has all of those. Very pretty.
    Anna Quilts

Quiltermomma you are at a it again. as always your quilts look delicious. You are turning out so many quilts. Are you sure there is just one of you?
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    QM your faux Drunkard's Path is wonderful I wasn't sure when I first saw the blocks but once it is all together, wow! Sure would love to see pics of the re-newed chair, too.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Oh alright, only if counts as a finishe for August. I need some more to hit my 10 for month. Here are some shots of the rr blocks that I did take as I was completing them. The star block and the theme overall became the star flower from the movie Tangled. We had recently watched it together and it just seemed to fit on the quilt so I had to change a couple things to complete it. I will definitely get a photo of it on here tomrorrow. So busy.
    On the chair, it is only 19 years old, but I had a lot of time with the babies in that chair. Preterm labor for six months lived in the chair, then after baby born, another 1.5 years becaus she was so colicky and then had adnoids so bad could not eat much at each meal and spent many a nights rocking those babies to sleep. It is the most comfortable rocker I have sat in. I had to strip all the wood down, sand, then restain and varnish. We purchased the upholstery material about 7 years ago and for the 1.5 years I have been working on the wood. Yep, boss was getting a bit aggrevated at the sight of it at office so when he comes back, it is gone. Have some more work to do so will be off till tomorrow.

Awesome rocker, & that Tangled quilt is so bright & beautiful!
    Bev

Blog Entries
    Oh wow!!! I love the tangled quilt. It's so bright and inviting. Nice job on your chair. It practically glows from all your hard work. Keep up the good work QuilterMomma. I hear the bells chiming for more finishes for you. Ding, Dang, Dong!!

Blog Entries
    That Tangled quilt is really amazing. You really followed the movie well with it. Love your rocker too. Those kind of things are really hard to get rid of because you know they can never be replaced.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Here is the finished product of that round robin I just finished. I finally got the binding on and on a bed to photo.Name:  Kenah whole quilt.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  164.5 KBName:  Kenah center.JPG
Views: 206
Size:  158.6 KBName:  Kenah cross hatch border.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  171.3 KB

Wow QM..that is bright and beautiful! I love it!

QuilterMomma, once again your work is stunning! I don't know which I like better, the faux Drunkard's Path or the Thangles. I think maybe the Faux Drunkard's Path.....just stunning.

And thanks for the little push I needed to think about reupolstering two small library chairs I have. I hated to think what the cost would be to send them out, but now I will start to look for the fabric to do them myself. Thank you again!

Finally got this month's UFO done! It is small and for my mom and her wheelchair. She loves green and this was started on her last visit in 2009! Well...that's when I planned it anyway! It barely made August!

Blog Entries
    I love the colors in this one. nice finish girl.

Now that is green!! Very lovely & your DM will love it.
    Bev

Blog Entries
    MissGiggleWings, I love that color green. Very very pretty!! I hear the bells ringing for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    I have been mia because I finally finished a top that I started 11 years ago today. I figured since the boss did not remember my Bday, then he would not mind I took a little extra lunch and started late this am, he's not here so executive decision on my part, and I feel so relieved. I have been trying to do this bugger all year long. It only had 576 2.5" squares to sew along with 3.5" squares to 6.5" squares and is a queen. yep, a whole lot of little squares. Be different if sampler but a whole pattern of faux drunkard path and I can say I know why it took me so long to want to do but fell in love with it once I got the blocks to the 6.5" stage and was able to sew the top. Now to get a quilting panto that I like for it. Does not need custom, an e2e will do nicely. It is busy enough. Well, out to garage to get some quilitng done.
    Wow, that is wonderful!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Great finishes this week ladies!

I was able to finish the D9P quilt I have been working on. I did QAYG by the row. I have included close ups of the 2 different blocks and the borders/binding. Backing is a deep purple marble flannel. I used Dream Puff batting.

That makes 3 lap quilts finished this month--one for ds, one for a friend's ds and this one for my MIL! I have one more lap quilt to finish using a different QAYG method and I will have all of that size UFOs done. Next I will work on the twin-size quilts...I have 4 of those, 2 to donate and 2 using the PC blocks (Farmer's Wife Pony Club). If I can keep to my "at least one a month" goal, I could have these all done by the end of the year!!

Carrie

Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast