Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 56 65 66 67 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

LOve your quilt!
    I thought this was for the new year already.

Is there going to be one for 2013?

Love the teddy bear also.

Blog Entries
    QuilterMamma, if I get to credit you for all of your work, each one counts as a finish! You're your own judge though.

Congratulations!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Love your teddy bear and Christmas quilt QuilterMomma! I have a Christmas UFO (#16)that I finished this morning to share too. The pattern is Sew Many Santas from "Quick Country Christmas Quilts" by Debbie Mumm. This is also my 1st attempt at hand quilting... I machine quilted the sashing and hand quilted the beards and the block backgrounds. I love how it turned out! I used jingle bells and old shank buttons for the hat tassels and the eyes are teeny 1/8" black buttons.

78 UFOs to go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by asimplelife; 12-28-2012 at 04:39 PM.

I guess I missed posting this UFO earlier... this is #15. The pattern is Little Charmers II by Anka's Treasures and I used a charm pack of Mistletoe Manor by Moda. I gave it to my MIL for Christmas.

Talking Almost 10 yr old UFO.

Almost 10 yr old UFO. Not all the way completed but I am so happy. This is the Under Ground Rail Road quilt top for my third DD. It is from Quilt in a Day. She has been waiting forever. I still need to quilt it but it is ready to go on the long arm. Woohoo!!! LOL

Last edited by Annaquilts; 12-29-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Woo hoo Anna!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Yes, woo hoo! Now I need a pattern(s) to quilt on all those different blocks.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    QM, squeal, I love your little bear. He is soo adorable.

asimplelife, That is one pretty table runner. Ring ring, The bells are ringing for you.

Annaquilts, I love your sampler quilt. It is beautiful!! The bells are ringing for you also.

I will be looking for the NEW UFO thread. I didn't do so well on my UFO's this year. In fact, I procrastinated 1/2 the year away. So, I am really going to have to get on the ball and get some finishes going this year. And, I shamelessly started 2 new quilts today. I couldn't decide on which one I should start on for my grandson. So, yep, I started two. lol I really did make some headway on my UFO's in 2012. Maybe a bit more then half are done. So, not so bad. I will be back working on some old and new ones alike this year. See you around soon. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Omg asimplelife, I missed your adorable santa wall hanging. That is just too cute!! And, almost in time for Christmas.

QM, I love the pattern you developed for your Christmas quilt. It is adorable. And the center square by your fellow QB'r is awesome. I wouldn't have thought of that setting. Thanks for sharing it with us. Did you finish it in time for Christmas?
    Last edited by Judith1005; 01-01-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, some cute posts.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries

120 Finished

Here are my finishes. YES I HIT 120!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did the happy dance for sure. Completed at 2:00 pm on New Years Eve so had even more to celebrate that night.

Blog Entries
    What my house looked like. You should see the mess in the garage around the longarm. Yep, will be some heavy organizing going on with little one. And no, she can't take inventory and tell me what is left, I know there aren't many but there are still some there. Have six more tops that I sewed up of UFOs that need quilted, but not worried abou them right now, just have to clean up and get my swaps done for January and then can look at them.

Last edited by QuilterMomma; 01-02-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Beth you are amazing! A big congrats!
    Anna Quilts

QuilterMomma, you never cease to amaze. I bet you don't spend much time on the couch I see peeking from behind the sewing center.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    No I don't but my sewing desk does face the tv in the family room so I get to watch some tv when I am inside. When doing the bindings on Monday AM, my daughter put in some Phineas and Ferb dvds so I could watch and then she put in our favorite, Star Wars so watched a couple episodes of that as well. Was a little disappointed, no one came over to help with the bindings, boo hoo.

Blog Entries
    How UFOs reporduce:

Once upon a time a quilter goes into the LQS and purchases a few yards of fabric to make a beautiful quilt. The quilter begins cutting and working thru to make this quilt and it just doe snot look right so she goes to the lqs again, sees a better one to make and purchases the fabric or kit to make that one. Goes home to work studiously on this quilt because it is better, oh darn, not enough fabric so has to go to lqs again, purchases fabric for quilt, sees another, buys it, then oh my a new fabric came in the store so has to buy that and needs coordinating colors to match and buys another quilt, it has to sit on back burner becuase working on one she/he likes, goes home, cuts up fabric, makes istake, go back to store and does it again. Thru the process finishes one buys and starts four. That is the system to UFO reproduction in my opinion. Now the results is the distant relatives named Scraps. Those silly little relatives reproduce faster than the UFos if you are not careful.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

LOL I have a slightly different version.....

Once upon a time there was a young woman with too much time on her hands between jobs so she went down to the community college and took a FREE class on hand piecing. She went down to the fabric store and purchased the basic requirements for the class then made the required blocks. She got tired of hand sewing and requested a sewing machine for a gift. She sashes everything and then takes a class on handquilting but can't decide how to quilt her top. Now, being a new quilter, she doesn't have a stash so people start to give her stuff because she'll know what to do with it.....orphan blocks, scraps, unwanted stash. She starts to buy fabric because how is she going to finish all those orphan blocks but doesn't have the fabric to match? While she's there she finds more projects to start. She lives a long way from a LQS (once she figures out they even exist) so she buys fabric online, which doesn't always match. She also discovers flickr groups, the QB swaps, and her local guild, which provides even more unrelated stash, project ideas, and orphan blocks. So, she finally joins a UFO group or two and hopes she'll finish more projects than she starts and maybe gets wiser about what she lets people give her.

Beth, I once lived in Eastern Washington and really enjoyed it. Now I live in Eastern Cali with very similar weather and culture....way better than the bay area....WA or CA either one.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    You gals are hysterical! Thanks for the laughs.

I'm convinced that I'm a "starter". I need a minion to "finish".
    Fraew

Blog Entries
    So that is your story Foxflower, you sticking with it? I just made mine up.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, ringing bells, clapping hands for joy. CONGRATS QM you made it!! Look forward to seeing your finishes again this year.

Hopefully it will motivate me to get going on mine. (I counted my WIP's and UFO's. I'm looking at about 19 and 5 NEW I want to's a round robin and a monthly bee swaps) Not too bad. And, I really really do want to finish them. And, 2 of them I have been working on and off for about a year. So, everything is coming along.

Yep, that's my story (sort of) so I'm stickin' to it. After all, there's no escape (unless it's a quiltin' escape .

You should see the hand-me-down project I'm working on now.....and 8 pointed star, Y seams and all. I finished one block and am working on the second (only 2, thank heavens.) Maybe I'm getting better at saying no. I'm definitely getting better at throwing away and giving a way the questionable, unusable, and ugly. Goodbye polyester, polyester blends, and anything ugly. These stars are wild 70's prints, small, and to fun to toss. So.....maybe pillows. Uh-oh, another UFO.
    Last edited by Foxflower; 01-02-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Great job on all the finishes for the year QM!

I am planning to count up my started projects for 2013 tomorrow. Probably won't get any sewing done since I have my 3 yo nephew here, but at least I will be able to make a plan for the year.

Are we doing this again? Same thread? I sure would like to because you all are so inspirational to me! Today is my birthday and I am working on a UFO.. a fun little cowboy quilt which will make some little boy really happy! It is making me happy just putting it together!

I'm going to start a new thread for this year.. Let's start a new year with new pages and nice fresh beginnings on our nice old UFOs. LOL
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    Hope this works to find the thread of the new ufo

http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...h-t209986.html

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16 56 65 66 67 LastLast