Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    That's fantastic BrookeMarie, Can't wait to see the photo.

QuilterMomma, I too wish I live closer (only across the country). I too like to put the bindings on my quilts. (now that I've learned how to do it.) I'd trade you for LA. Quilting. Quilting my quilts is my least favorite part. Yes, my valentine blocks were put on my WIP list also. As soon as I finish quilting my lap quilt I can work on my valentines and some more swap blocks. I received such pretty blocks in the Valentines block exchange. I signed up for the wonky house blocks (which I've been wanting to do ever since I saw the wonky neighborhood blocks) and the good ol' summertime swap blocks.
    Haha. I like the trade idea! I haven't done any DNA yet but plan to learn eventually. For some reason I don't think that would be a fair trade though lol. Quiltin is much harder than binding lol. I will have so sneak a pic tomorrow. For some reason she wouldn't give it back for a picture lol.
    Brooke

I got my first UFO of the year done.
    It is a set of 5 pieces: 4 placemats and 1 table runner
    I started it almost 2 years ago just to practice Free Motion Quilting and set aside because there was no fabric for binding it in my stach.
    I'm very happy ... Now it is done!
    Name:  Ufo1-done.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  116.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Pretty. I love the colors you used. It's so pretty and sunny when you took the photo. I like the binding color you picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
    I started it almost 2 years ago just to practice Free Motion Quilting and set aside because there was no fabric for binding it in my stach.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Yes, I'm sure I would need to do a lot of bindings for LA quilting. That's ok, I was only teasing. I'm sure I will like the quilting part the more I do it and get used to it. I just feel like I fight my machine still. It makes me very tense. lol, It's telling me to practice more.
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
    Haha. I like the trade idea! I haven't done any DNA yet but plan to learn eventually. For some reason I don't think that would be a fair trade though lol. Quiltin is much harder than binding lol. I will have so sneak a pic tomorrow. For some reason she wouldn't give it back for a picture lol.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, ArteEmCasa!!! A bright summery addition to your table now too*** as she feels the cold seep in her winter house***.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I don't know how large your blocks are, but you could make a table runner with 5, or some uneven number blocks. Then, use those as the focus blocks using another block with the two appliques on either side.
    Lizzy in La.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post

Congratulations on the finish.
    They look great.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

January project finished!

Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by q.alba View Post
    Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.
    Congratulations on the finish.

Beautiful runner!
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    I did the binding on my Forest Bricks quilt last night. It's FINISHED!!
    On to the next top...just need to do the binding on that one so will probably get it done before January is over.

Can't send a pic of my FB quilt because camera is on the fritz....really need to get a new camera.
    ranger

Blog Entries
    Congrats on the finish ranger. So, sorry about the camera.

Blog Entries
    Qalba, Beautiful table runner. Congrats on the finish. After mending....any plans for the next ufo?

Qalba: Your table runner is just gorgeous! Really will be perfect for Christmas, Spring and summer.
    Ranger: Really disappointed we can't see your finished quilt. Yes you really need to get a new camera, quilters need to see! Congrads on finishing.

Brookmarie & Ranger- Can't wait to see the picts!
    Artemcasa-Such bright colors! Looks like spring time to me. I'm assuming that it is spring where you are.
    q.alba- Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

You guys are doing a great job!! I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! I only have 5 more of the 20 blocks to finish quilting, then I will do the trimming and binding. I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.
    It's much heavier and bigger than I am used to so I have to take a break after each block. Moving that puppy around is wearing on my poor old self. Ohhh, when I was pinning the layers, I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I love the UFO's that you ladies have finished. I have about 20 or more UFO's and they are mostly quilt tops. If I can get some finished I will definitely post them here. Right now I am busy working on WIP's I love doing them but seem to put them away when the top is finished.
    Fran
    http://franciesboutique.blogspot.com/

I would like to join this. My sewing room is overflowing with UFOs.
    Happy fingers, happy heart.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    You guys are doing a great job!! I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! I only have 5 more of the 20 blocks to finish quilting, then I will do the trimming and binding. I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.
    It's much heavier and bigger than I am used to so I have to take a break after each block. Moving that puppy around is wearing on my poor old self. Ohhh, when I was pinning the layers, I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL
    My quilt inspector has that same expression every time I take a pict of him!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

q.alba... that is a great runner!! Great job.

Can't wait to see a picture of your quilt.. oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to take a picture of MINE lol I get distracted way too easily...
    Brooke

q.alba- Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)[/QUOTE]

dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long!

q.alba- Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)
    dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long![/QUOTE]

I had to make mending a member of my UFOs as well...
    Sherry

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." Abraham Lincoln

Blog Entries

Tulip Bells

I have this pattern and have made two of this in different color combos. It is not as hard as it looks and comes out very stunning. Yours is wonderful!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    ...I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! .... I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.... I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL
    Linda, Loved your shy quilt inspector pic. Your t-shirt quilt looks great too and looking forward to seeing it finished. You are an amazing quilter and I am always excited to see your next creative project!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

I'm ready! Jumping in with both feet!

I am joining. There is a scary organized stack of UFOs in my closet. I don't even want to count them but I do want to finnish them. DH is gone this weekend so a perfect time to start and sign up. I need the support of a group like this.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 26 66 ... LastLast