Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1657

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Well, I see we have a celebrity among us. Congratulations QM!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Another finish. Good thing there is the pin cushion swap so I was motivated to finish these little cuties.Name:  Pincushions.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  151.0 KB
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Oh wow, those are definitely C*U*T*E!! Nice finishes QM. And congrats on your WINS!!! That is awesome.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Thank you. So you signed up for the pin cushion swap?

I am nearly done with two fall projects, one I am using for the DQ and the other was a kit my DH gave me last year that I did not finish. It is so cute. I have the one border to put on and then onto the longarm it goes. I am going to do the applique on the longarm so it is less work and everything gets tacked down. With being a seasonal table runner, no need to go thru extreme detail. If it needs it when done quilting, will add it then. That will be two more and then at 8 finishes (after two runners).

Blog Entries
    No, I didn't join the pin cushion swap. I must have missed that one. I have so many other things that I'm trying right now. And, I'm in "grandma" to be waiting mode. My sweet little grandbaby will be here soon. But, you know babies, they come exactly when they want to. LOL So, of course, my daughter is driving me "just a little" crazy. Accoring to her, she is so over being pregnant. And is completely ready for Brantley to make his entrance. LOL

Blog Entries
    That is so funny.

This is not a quilt...but it is quilted ( which I did 2 years ago) Finally finished this sewing machine cover..even put a yellow daisy button on the top for easy removal! It will probable not get used much because I am always doing something at my machine! But at least it is not a UFO anymore!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    What a neat idea for a sewing machine cover. I might have to do one similar to this. Sure would be an improvement over the plastic thing I put over it now when I take it to guild meetings. Thanks for sharing your finished non-UFO!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Blog Entries
    I LOVE it. That is the cutest fabric. It is definitely on my todo list. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I hear the bells ringing for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post
    This is not a quilt...but it is quilted ( which I did 2 years ago) Finally finished this sewing machine cover..even put a yellow daisy button on the top for easy removal! It will probable not get used much because I am always doing something at my machine! But at least it is not a UFO anymore!

Blog Entries
    Loving this. Now make me one please.
    Quote Originally Posted by missgigglewings View Post

Blog Entries
    quilter mom, i really love that green fax drunkerds patt. where can i buy it?

Blog Entries
    In a magazine from 1996.

Blog Entries
    What no more finishes? I have six waiting to be finished, tops all done just need quilting and binding.

I should have two tops finished by the end of the month and maybe even one quilted/bound. I've been catching up on some farmer's wife pony club blocks (got 7 or 8 finished at a retreat last weekend). This week is pretty busy but next week I will have lots of time to sew...yay!!

Blog Entries
    Yah! Thats the way to go girl.

All I have left on my Nephew's quilt is ta take it ta the laundry mat ta ragg it. All I have left on my Niece's quilt is ta bind it. I hope ta post 'em soon.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Smart to take to laundry mat.

Yep, that binding can be so fun. If I get blessed this weekend with time, I will finish up six more quilts except binding which will be next week and some customer quilts finished.

Glad to know you are working on those UFOs. I love seeing all of our progress.

Blog Entries
    Oh my, is everyone busy like I am with canning and yard work for winter? No one has posted on here for a week!.
    My goal this weekend is to:
    1: Quilt the seven quilts I have sitting there waiting to be done.
    2: Put binding on all of those quilts that have been waiting.
    3: Do my bible study I started on the book of David.
    4: I do have to can the pears and the tomatoes that are ready, but holding off on those beets and carrots
    5: Put on the last border of a log cabin quilt that needs done. yep, 3" nine patch blocks. Torturnuring myself for sure, but needs to be done.
    All this with a cold and exhausted. This will be my relaxing time and no one better get in my way or they will find themselves covered in chocolate so i will talk to them. (LOL)

you all with me!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    you all with me!!!!!!
    Nope! Sitting this one out. Cheering you on, so get out there and make it happen. I'll be looking for pics for sure.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Oh my, is everyone busy like I am with canning and yard work for winter? No one has posted on here for a week!.
    My goal this weekend is to:
    1: Quilt the seven quilts I have sitting there waiting to be done.
    2: Put binding on all of those quilts that have been waiting.
    3: Do my bible study I started on the book of David.
    4: I do have to can the pears and the tomatoes that are ready, but holding off on those beets and carrots
    5: Put on the last border of a log cabin quilt that needs done. yep, 3" nine patch blocks. Torturnuring myself for sure, but needs to be done.
    All this with a cold and exhausted. This will be my relaxing time and no one better get in my way or they will find themselves covered in chocolate so i will talk to them. (LOL)

you all with me!!!!!!
    Quiltermomma you are an amazing bundle of energy so you might not have any over ripe (shall I say rotten) pears and tomatoes like I do. But, if you do have some you might want to place them in a bucket nearby in case anyone not wearing or bearing chocolate should dare approach. Do you dehydrate any of your produce? That's one of the ways I preserve the abundance quickly. Good luck with you daunting weekend list.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I thought you might want to be the one covered in chocolate. Well I better hear you loud and clear because I am going to need it for sure. Maybe can send dh fishing with neighbor so I do have a quiet house. LOL For some reason he makes me feel guilty I am quilting and should be working although that is what I ahve been doing for the last two weekends non stop and during the week.

I have been busy catching up on FW Pony Club blocks and Quilts for Rosie blocks...both "blocks of the week" on the QB. The Rosie blocks I am all caught up on (4-10" blocks, pp'd). Long way to go on the PC ones...I did get a block finished this week and cut fabrics for at least 10 more...only have 3 or 4 left and then will be sewing again! YAY!

I thought you might want to be the one covered in chocolate. Well I better hear you loud and clear because I am going to need it for sure. Maybe can send dh fishing with neighbor so I do have a quiet house. LOL For some reason he makes me feel guilty I am quilting and should be working although that is what I ahve been doing for the last two weekends non stop and during the week.
    I hear ya, my husband is the same way.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    quilter momma--you are a canner. so am i . just did 7 qts of pumpkin yest. going to do another 7 today. home canned pumpkin makes the best pumpkin pie, and bread. fruit in michigan did not do good this yr. did not have but one apple and one pear on our trees this yr. but luckily i canned every one i could get my hands on last yr. i also did tomatoes and green beans this yr. froze the rest. your pic shows you 'youngish'. so glad you do this. i have l daughter out of 4 that cans.

Blog Entries
    Well, thank you very much sewnso.

MY DH DID GO FISHING YESTERDAY! I was able to accomplish a good chunck of what I wanted. Pears got canned, made zucchini quiche with the last zucchini and cleaned up my mess. I did not do any tomatoes this weekend, but guess what I get to do tonight because the frost is coming.

I finished quilting seven of mine and one customer quilt. I have to complete binding on three of them, but here are some shots of them:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8 48 57 58 59 ... LastLast