Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Acidic food issues >

Acidic food issues

Acidic food issues

Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM

Default Acidic food issues

I have a condition called IC and my system cannot tolerate acid foods. It took a long time to figure this out but now it has been identified. Foods that trigger a flare are Tomatoes, hot peppers, coffee, tea, citrus fruits, apples and most anything good. Since it is summer season I am wondering if anyone here has this malady and any recipes to share. I can eat blueberries and bananas. I can eat all the pasta or potatoes I want. Sadly they are fattening.
Thanks, Frankie
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM

My daughter is having the same sorts of issues. What is the name of your condition?
Old 07-11-2017, 05:52 AM

I had never heard of IC until you mentioned it. It seems the primary cause is inflammation, caused by food triggers or not emptying your bladder all the way. Also, seems they don't have a cure, just some work-around controls.

Have you tried any of the natural cures for inflammation? Earth Clinic is one of my favorite sites to find out what others are doing. https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/bl...infection.html

I have a lot of inflammation in my body, but thankfully, not in my bladder. I have added Tumeric with Peperine (black pepper), several natural products for joint and knee pain, and currently am working on getting fungus & yeasts out of my system by using DE & Oil of Oregano (capsules).

You didn't say anything about inflammation in other parts of your body. You haven't said if you have tried cranberry juice or capsules. Those are the old timey go to for bladder inflections/cystitis. They have helped many people control bladder problems.

Good luck with your quest for health!

Forgot to mention that my husband and I have added the Golden Raisins soaked in a Juniper Gin to our anti-inflammatory style of life. I do believe it is helping some with our overall health. Due to problems with digestion for years, I can't do acidic foods either.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-11-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:36 AM

Maybe this link will help in deciding what is acidic and alkaline. I try to keep to the alkaline myself, I seem to have many less aches in my arms and hand, where I have arthritis. I love vegetables and eat a lot of them in place of pasta, potatoes, etc.

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm
Old 07-11-2017, 09:11 AM

I do use Aloe Vera that I order from Desert Harvest that seems to help more than any medication I have taken. My urologist had recommended it.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:12 AM

Thanks everyone for helping posts.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Needles, Black Pepper would send me over the top. It is very acidic. There was a support group that met for a while and that was the most helpful of all when we compared symptoms and helps. I am older and was diagnosed after 60 but some who came were young ladies. I can't imagine living with this all your young life raising families.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:59 PM

Please be careful with Tumeric. It is a blood thinner as well as an anti-inflammatory. If you are taking nsaids, which thin blood, and tumeric you could wind up with bleeding problems.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:24 PM

You might look for a nutritionist or naturopath in your area who works with inflammation. There are a lot of foods that help and hurt inflammation.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:38 PM

My Grandma had something like this. I remember her drinking Sanka coffee, which was probably like our Decaf today. If she went visiting and they had no Sanka, she drank hot water.