Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Anyone have an Instapot? Do you like it? >

Anyone have an Instapot? Do you like it?

Anyone have an Instapot? Do you like it?

Old 06-29-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gee Hope View Post
is the instantpot more than an electric pressure cooker?
Different models have different features, but in general, they can also function as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, a yogurt maker, saute function, steamer, etc.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I LOVE my two Instant Pots! Best kitchen appliance to come down the pike in a long time. There are just two of us, but sometimes I make enough for son and son in law and even have cooked for other son and wife and three kids. Plus we like leftovers and sometimes I freeze the other half of the meal for next time later. Yum and easy. It makes great rice. There is a way of cooking rice with other things, as in pot in pot. There is an Instant Pot Community if you do Facebook. If not, there are several good websites with tested recipes. One is This Old Gal. there are more. Also, google what you think you want to cook and add Instant Pot. I have done "Instant Pot meat loaf recipes" or "Instant Pot black bean soup recipes". You still have to prep your food, as in saute if recipe calls for it, but it can be done on the saute function right in the pot. I wouldn't get any other brand of electric pressure cooker. I feel like I should be on TV hawking them. Plus there are a bunch of safety features. Worst it will do is shut itself off. It won't explode. Those are the old times stove top ones.
I like This Old Gal and another couple have very good recipes.
https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com got their baked bean recipe a couple days ago.
I cook for just me and it is a great tool to have, I do not make desserts just main dishes.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM

I have an Instant Pot and love it. Everything cooks FAST and is super good.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:31 PM

I'm adding my seal of approval for the Instant Pot, as well. I'm a kitchen gadget guru and I only keep what i use...looks like all I'm going to need going forward is my IP...everything I've made is fantastic. There's a great IP group on Facebook with all kinds of ideas and helpful hints...get it! You'll love it!
Old 06-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by farmquilter View Post
I like This Old Gal and another couple have very good recipes.
https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com got their baked bean recipe a couple days ago.
I cook for just me and it is a great tool to have, I do not make desserts just main dishes.
Yes, that is a good one too. There is www.hippressurecooking.com which is good too.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by dc989 View Post
I have one and the learning curve is steep. I rarely use it now because I'm not impressed with my results. I have researched and followed blogs and so on. I am a good cook and don't want to waste good food. I wish I had not joined the IP craze. Not worth it to me.
Ditto!!!! We got one for Christmas as we loved our stove top pressure cooker. So, this one came with no instructions and way to many buttons and timers and everything that we don't have a clue how to use. First time we tried it, we just kept pushing buttons and mysteriously got it to work. Then, tried it three more times, took the food out and prepared it the normal way.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Okay. Well, I'm hoping it will go on sale during Amazon Prime Day. I put one in my cart, along with lots of accessories, and we'll see. Was debating between the 7-in-1 Duo and the Smart one (with Bluetooth). Think I will start with the 7-in-1 to see how it goes. My dd needs to learn how to cook, so this might be good for her too.

Edit: I don't know, maybe I should get the Smart one. It allows precise control of temperature and timing for soaking beans, for instance. Just wonder if my head can handle writing scripts!

Last edited by Prism99; 06-30-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:21 PM

Instant Pot is the brand name. We LOVE ours.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Okay. Well, I'm hoping it will go on sale during Amazon Prime Day. I put one in my cart, along with lots of accessories, and we'll see. Was debating between the 7-in-1 Duo and the Smart one (with Bluetooth). Think I will start with the 7-in-1 to see how it goes. My dd needs to learn how to cook, so this might be good for her too.

Edit: I don't know, maybe I should get the Smart one. It allows precise control of temperature and timing for soaking beans, for instance. Just wonder if my head can handle writing scripts!
i was just reading on the Facebook Instant Pot Community site that there are problems linking the Instant Pot to the phone. More than a few people have the problem. Maybe google for more information. I made beans yesterday in my DUO and they came out great.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post

The prime day is July 11, right? I am curious to see how that works...relatively new to Amazon shopping....

buying one for dd will not teach her to cook, just how to read a recipe for a quick meal...but that's a start and better than ordering out!