Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Avocado Pasta

Avocado Pasta

This one is so easy! Creamy and delicious too. Just cook the pasta of your choice, drain, put into a bowl and squish an avocado into the pasta bowl. Season to taste. Serve. (It's not even that bad for WW. A 1/4 section of a Haas avo is only 2 points.)

* I like to add chopped basil, or arugula for a green pasta bowl. A little garlic is nice too.

~ C

Avocados are so good for us!!
    Sounds good, tropit!

Yum... love avos. I might try this with some pesto mixed in... and maybe some parmesan cheese.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some lemon might be good, too.

We made this last night for dinner. I added chopped basil, chopped pine nuts, some vegan parmesan and some S&P. The DH ate almost the entire casserole dish of it.

Oh...to "squish" avos, just cut a whole one in half, remove the pit and squeeze the outside skin of each half until all of the avocado flesh squishes out. You don't even need a blender, or food processor. Give the pasta a good tossing, so that most of the avo sort of melts into the pasta. There will still be small chunks of avocado left in the pasta and that's a good thing.

~ C

Blog Entries
    I love avocados. I was just about to head to the kitchen to eat some when I saw this post. I will have to try this.

I love avocado! I'm gonna try! That goes pretty good with ice cream avocado!

Quote Originally Posted by appleblossom View Post
    I love avocado! I'm gonna try! That goes pretty good with ice cream avocado!
    You can never get too many avocados, right?

Does anyone have a good way to keep cut avocados? i have a food saver but didn"t have any luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by deeleigh View Post
    Does anyone have a good way to keep cut avocados? i have a food saver but didn"t have any luck with that!
    Try putting the pit back in the center. See if that helps. Wrap in plastic wrap too.

Avocados don't keep very long, once they are opened up. Rhonda K has a good idea with putting the pit back in it's place and wrapping it up in plastic. I could only add that you might also squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the surface.

~ C

Tropit- I'm thinking this would be very refreshing in the summer as a cold dish. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    Tropit- I'm thinking this would be very refreshing in the summer as a cold dish. What do you think?

Oh yeah! With some chopped tomatoes, cilantro, olives, and scallions...kinda like a "salsa pasta salad."

Or, you could go another direction with nuts and mushrooms and make it more earthy.

~ C