Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Bacon Recipes   (Enjoy!) >

Bacon Recipes (Enjoy!)

Bacon Recipes (Enjoy!)

Old 06-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Google Goddess

good idea and this would be a fast way to fix the bacon at big get togethers

Originally Posted by ppquilter
if you fold the bacon in half, you can get twice as much on a sheet, no need to turn it over, it will crisp up. This is how we cook it in the oven at our dining hall! And yes it is Yummy! You can do sausage in the oven on parchment paper too, on a cookie sheet!
Old 07-01-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
It is all the ingredients scrambled up and added to the buttered spaghetti noodles then top it with the parmasean cheese (sp?). Not sure of asian noodles. I normally do not like pasta anywhere anytime any way, but this is something else. Add a salad on the side and maybe some garlic bread (which with my carb control, this knocks me out of the water) it is a divine meal. I know the Italians have a name for it, and for all the things you add to the noodles, but I never knew it. We lived there for three years and I didnt' eat their cooking cause it was full of smelly things that I could not identify. I gotta know what I'm puttin' in my mouth. I'm a picky eater, and ashamed about it. Thanks for asking, CarolJ.

Blessings,
Ruth
Regarding your carb control - try Dreamfields brand of pasta. They put extra fiber in it which cuts down on the digestible carbs. It doesn't look any different, or cook any different, or taste any different than any other pasta. I am diabetic and I can eat my fill of this pasta and the macaroni and my sugar NEVER spikes, so I can go ahead and have garlic bread (or some other carb).

If your local stores don't carry it, you can get it online. I'll look up the http thing and be right back.

The website is http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com

Enjoy!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Thank you so very much. I do not normally eat rice, pasta nor potatoes, they make my toes hurt! ~sigh~ But, I'll see if I can find this and try it. Blessings, Ruth
Regarding your carb control - try Dreamfields brand of pasta. They put extra fiber in it which cuts down on the digestible carbs. It doesn't look any different, or cook any different, or taste any different than any other pasta. I am diabetic and I can eat my fill of this pasta and the macaroni and my sugar NEVER spikes, so I can go ahead and have garlic bread (or some other carb).

If your local stores don't carry it, you can get it online. I'll look up the http thing and be right back.

The website is http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com

Enjoy![/quote]
Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 AM

One of my favorite recipes is the chicken liver on a water chestnut, wrapped in bacon, marinated a few hours in worchestershire sauce and then grilled. MMMMMM lawzie me, that is some good eating. I forget the fancy word for it, Great appetizer and party favorite.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM

I have cooked bacon in the oven, without all the turning, and splatters for years now! I love the uniform cooking to each slice.. So good this way!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM

Carol, thanks so much for the info on the DREAMFIELDS PASTA.I'm a diabetic also and the pasta and noodles always makes my sugar spike also.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by JACRN
Carol, thanks so much for the info on the DREAMFIELDS PASTA.I'm a diabetic also and the pasta and noodles always makes my sugar spike also.
You're most welcome. Hope you have the opportunity to try it. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

I cook bacon in the oven also.