Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
The best roast you will ever eat! >

The best roast you will ever eat!

The best roast you will ever eat!

Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 AM
mac

Default The best roast you will ever eat!

I just made the best roast I have made in a long time. It was tender, juicy and it took very little work. I just couldn't believe the recipe, so I had to make it. You cook it for very few minutes and then turn off the oven and then walk away. I read a lot of the reviews and they were very positive, so I just had to try it.

I used a 4.5 pound roast and used their timetable, cooked the roast at 500 degrees for 22.5 minutes and then turned the oven off. You don't open the oven door for three hours or until your oven has cooled down and when you open the door, there is this beautiful roast. Many of the reviewers said that they had been doing their roast this way for years and it worked every time. Others said that this recipe works on all types of meat: pork, lamb and someone even said that they did a turkey this way. Although I would be very leery about doing a turkey, so I wouldn't recommend it on poultry.

It is called: Hi-temp Roast Beef - The Best Roast You Will Ever Eat!

Here is the website: www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/beef/hi-temp-roast-beef-the-best-roast-2.html#page6

This is so easy, even a novice cook could do this and make a tasty tender roast the first time. Let me know what you think...

Old 06-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I have been wanting to try this for a long time, but as I'm single, it seemed rather silly to do it just for me.
BUT, I've decided, because I LOVE beef in all it's forms, that I will try it as soon as a good cut of roast goes on sale at my Kroger. I will then section the cooked roast into freezable portions for use later as I have learned not to fret about previously frozen cooked meats.
Thanks for the reminder!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:21 PM

I take either a Rump roast or a less tender cut roast.
Take out of wrapper, stab with a fork or metal skewer
Place in ziploc bag, put the ziploc bag in a large bowl
Pour marinade (1/4 soy sauce, 3 cloves of garlic finely minced, cracked pepper and 1/8 cup olive oil) for 12 hours in the frige
Drain on wire rack while oven preheats

Heat oven to 500 degrees
Place roast on a roasting rack inside a foil lined pan
Roast for 25 minutes at 500 degrees
LEAVE in oven, turn temperature down to 325 degrees
Roast uncovered for 20 minutes per pound

Let stand for 30 minutes then slice thin for sandwiches for the week

I have one of these......for slicing
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-10-2018, 05:46 PM

This works for Prime Rib, never occurred to me to do it with regular roast.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:34 AM

I read the review and it said it might be too rare for some people and the picture shows it pretty rare for me. I think I’ll just stick to my own way of cooking a roast: sear it in olive oil, add onions and garlic. Make brown gravy. Put roast in crock pot, add the cooked onions/garlic. Pour gravy over it and cook at least 4 hours on high. In winter I add carrots and potatoes.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:56 AM

Must try it! For yrs I have done my 6lb rib roast similar. Season, cook 1 hr @375, let rest in oven 3 hrs. Turn oven to 375 again and cook 45 min. Let stand 10 min out of oven ...140F. Always successful.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:31 AM
mac

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I read the review and it said it might be too rare for some people and the picture shows it pretty rare for me. I think I’ll just stick to my own way of cooking a roast: sear it in olive oil, add onions and garlic. Make brown gravy. Put roast in crock pot, add the cooked onions/garlic. Pour gravy over it and cook at least 4 hours on high. In winter I add carrots and potatoes.
The reviews also said that you could cook it a few minutes more per pound to get it closer to well done. In my house I like medium rare and my husband loves well done with absolutely no red showing. The smaller part of the roast was well done and I had my med/rare on the larger side. We were both happy with it. And was it tender? Oh, yes it was.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

I don't have a roasting rack. would a cookie rack be all right. i have two black ones but not sure what the coating on it is like in oven. maybe not made for that...
I cooked one in the slow cooker and it was tough to me. still haven't made a nice juicy one.

Last edited by nativetexan; 06-11-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:31 AM
mac

I didn't use a roasting rack, just an aluminum, rectangular baking pan, with the roast set right on top of the pan.

You could use a cast iron frying pan, if you have one. Whatever you use, make sure that it can take the high heat. I was going to use my ceramic coated cast iron Dutch oven, but then realized that the heat might crack the ceramic portion of the pot.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM

Although this sounds like it would make a melt in your mouth piece of meat...sitting in an oven for hours- doesn't that encourage bacterial growth that might be harmful? Don't know, just asking. I personally will " cook" some cuts of beef low and long, but not turning off oven and letting it sit in there til oven cools down....