Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Bread Machine? >

Bread Machine?

Bread Machine?

Old 02-04-2012, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Goatmom View Post
Good Morning,
Would you share the recipes for these? I have a bread machine which I haven't used in a long time. I make sourdough bread 3-4 times a month.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Sorry, I just seen this question for me. I am not getting into the new (to me) board at all.

Garlic Bread (1 1/2 lb loaf)
Water, 80*F 9 ounces(1 cup + 2 Tbsp.)
Bread Flour 3 cups
Dry Milk 1 Tbsp.
Sugar 1 Tbsp.
Salt 1 1/2 tsp.
Dried Parsley Flakes 1 Tbsp.
Garlic Powder 1 1/2 - 3 tsps. (We LOVE garlic here so I use a bit more than 3 tsps.)
Butter or Margarine 1 Tbsp., cut into 4 pieces
Active Dry Yeast 2 tsps.
--OR--
Fast Rise Yeast 1 1/2 tsps.

That's it, add it all in according to your machines directions(mine requires all liquids in first), make sure the knead bar is IN the pan before adding ingredients(UGH!! Don't ask) and I never use the water/dry milk combination as dry or powdered milk is horribly expensive! I use whole milk, fresh from the fridge and replace the water AND dry milk measurements with it. ie.., instead of using the 1 cup + 2 Tbsps of water and 1 Tbsp of dry milk, I use 1 cup + 3 Tbsps of cold milk. Set it for medium bread color and wait the 3hrs and 40 mins for it to be done.

Enjoy!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:24 PM

I have an older Panasonic and is has served me well for years. It is simple to use and makes great bread.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions of letting it rise the first time and taking it out to rise again and then baking in a conventional oven. We have 2 machines DH bought, he used them at first but that was a long itme ago.
Maybe I will try it now.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:00 AM

I love my Sunbeam , it makes the rectangle loaf. I make three one pound loaves in it.I let it do all the mixing then take the dough out and put it in my bread pans to rise then bake in my regular oven. Yesterday I made 3 loaves of whole wheat bread and while it was rising in pans I mixed up dough to make two pans of chelsea buns and one of garlic sticks...yummy!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 AM

I have had bread machines for years! Mine are Hitachi and I love them. I have 7 children and am able to make 2 batches at a time. I usually make the dough in the machine, then form rolls or loaves. I wouldn't live without them! I also enjoy making up my own recipes! Have fun!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM

I have a Panasonic bread maker - I love it - I was surprised how easy it is - just put all the ingredients it - set it and wait for the smell. Its great in the winter time - and you can set it to go off early in the morning and have hot bread when you wake up and have coffee. I love mine.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:02 AM

What I like about mine is I can throw the ingredients in and turn it on and go to bed. In the morning it is all ready for us.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:10 AM

Saw your post of the garlic bread recipe, would you share your crescent roll recipe as well. I love my breadmaker except it is a square loaf and the crust is pretty think when done, so I use it on dough setting thru the first rise then take it out and put it in bread pan and let it rise again and bake in regular oven. Deliish!

I always used the Royal Hawaian Bread Mix from Wal-Mart, but the no longer carry it and haven't been able to find it locally. We loved the loaf it made. Have also tried Hamburger buns, but they haven't turned out all that well, I didn't think. So would love the crescent roll recipe when you get a minute.

Thanks a bunch
Old 02-05-2012, 12:34 PM

I am on my third breadmaker. Love it. Store bought bread doesn't 'cut' it in our house. lol
Old 02-05-2012, 12:39 PM

my daughter n I were at the local goodwill an they had bread machines(they all looked like new) so she got her one wiped it out, then we made a loaf of tester bread it worked great and cost a whole $4.99 so if you dont know if you want to invest alot of money, check you local goodwill, also I dont know about where you are at but here Tuesdays are Target day.........thats when they bring stuff to goodwill
have a great day