Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Bread Machine? >

Bread Machine?

Bread Machine?

Old 02-05-2012, 02:07 PM

I have the Zoroushki (sure it's not spelled right) It's actually my 2nd one. I love it. King Arthur Flour test their recipes with this one and you can find alot of recipes for it there. Mine does a couple sizes of loaves, it does cakes, fast rising, dough, breads where you need to add ingredients after the mixing it beeps to let you know when, and it does jellies,it has delayed baking so that you can have fresh baked for dinner or when you get up in the morning, it makes sure the liquid is up to the right temp before mixing so that the yeast will rise properly; it just does all that it's supposed to do and last a long time
Old 02-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Default Bread machine

I bought a Breadman Bread Machine. Very happy with it. I use a recipe from Allrecipes.com
It is a very, very good recipe. I make cresent rolls. Others make cinnamon/raisin rolls with the dough. I love making the dough, then take out before baking in machine and shape rolls, then let rise for another hour, then bake in reg. gas oven. Rolls are fantastic. Always get great results and compliments. The recipe is called, "Sweet Dinner Rolls" by Pam Anderson. I hope this helps. Recipe is a 5 star recipe. Read the reviews.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:17 PM

I use mine for making pizza dough, and once in awhile a loaf of bread. I would use it more, but then I want to eat the bread too much and with just me here to eat it, better off only making bread when I have company or am taking a loaf to someone
Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 PM

Mine sadly is in the attic, again! I don't have time to practice with it and when I have it just hasn't been worth it. I am sure it is the operator, my dil uses hers all the time and perfect bread!
Old 02-05-2012, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by pastimesquiltdesign View Post
I have started using my bread machine again lately. It seems like I go in spurts. I don't use it to bake the bread, just to mix the dough and raise it. It is so easy. I just put everything in and walk away. It raises really nicely. I don't like the way it cooks the bread at all so I put it in a loaf pan after the first raising, let it raise again and bake it in my oven. Peggy
Peggy,
I do that too. I have a Wel-bilt and it won't bake a decent loaf of bread. It always falls , but the same exact recipe raises just fine in a loaf pan. I use glass bread pans.
Sharon W.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Power Poster

HA My sister and I are the queens of $5 thrift store finds. Here is what I would look for. One that hasn't been used much. Look for one that is tall rather than wide. Figure on making the dough in there and letting it rise - then shape and bake. I think we found info at http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/ca...d/breadmachine
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 AM

Thanks everyone for your all suggestions and tips. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to the Goodwill to see what I can find. I love homemade bread and rolls but since there is just me, I figure I'll gain a bunch of weight just smelling it cook...lol But I think maybe the neighbors will like it too....
Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 AM

I bought one a garage sale for $5.00 last summer.....probably have only used it 5 times. Works great...but for 2 people I was throwing most of it away because we didn't eat it fast enough.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by BettyM View Post
I have a zojurishi (sp?) that we bought several years ago. I use it nearly every other day and bake all the bread that we use. It can be programmed for different recipes, and it does really well for the recipe that I use. I mill my own flour, so I programmed the machine for this heavier flour. The machine is a workhorse and I would definitely buy this brand again. It makes a horizontal loaf that gives you sandwich size slices - they'll fit in the sandwich bags! When we got it I thought I would bake occasionally so we could have fresh homemade bread. But we don't buy any bread at all. Our 2 sons that were still at home at the time don't want any other bread!
I have two bread machines but this is my favorite. You can do anything with it! you are able to custom set the timing for everything! How long each cycle is, how many times it kneads, how many times it rises, how long it bakes, etc. It has a pre-heat cycle so that if your liquid is not at the correct temp when you add it, it will heat it before it starts mixing. It is ithe ONLY machine that will make gluten free bread, if that is a consideration for you.
It is pricey, but you get the quality that you pay for. I bought mine from Amazon. I would never buy or recommend a different brand because of the versitility and dependability of this one!! A 5 star rating for sure!
Old 02-06-2012, 09:16 AM

I have been looking at bread machines and this brand has a lot of great reviews. Thanks for posting your comments.
Originally Posted by BettyM View Post
I have a zojurishi (sp?) that we bought several years ago. I use it nearly every other day and bake all the bread that we use. It can be programmed for different recipes, and it does really well for the recipe that I use. I mill my own flour, so I programmed the machine for this heavier flour. The machine is a workhorse and I would definitely buy this brand again. It makes a horizontal loaf that gives you sandwich size slices - they'll fit in the sandwich bags! When we got it I thought I would bake occasionally so we could have fresh homemade bread. But we don't buy any bread at all. Our 2 sons that were still at home at the time don't want any other bread!