1(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1large box (5.1 oz) vanilla instant pudding
3cups milk
18 oz. container cool whip (you won’t use the whole container) or
onebatch of homemade whipped cream
chocolatesyrup
orhomemade chocolate sauce

Instructions:
Preheatoven to 400. Lightly grease a 9″X13″ glass baking pan.

EclairCrust: In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Removefrom heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely beforeadding another egg. Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sidesevenly. *If the sides of your pan are too greased you won’t be able to get themixture to stay up the sides so make sure to just lightly grease.
Bakefor 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (Mine only took 25 minutes.) You maywant to check it occasionally-you don’t want to overcook the crust, it willruin the cake! Remove from oven and let cool (don’t touch or push bubblesdown).

Filling:Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl. In separate bowl make vanilla pudding. Makesure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese. Slowly add pudding tocream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge. When thecrust is completely cooled, pour filling in. Top with layer of cool whiphowever thick you want it and serve with chocolate syrup. *If you want to makethis even better use homemade whipped cream.See More

Old 03-19-2015, 04:02 AM

An easier one is use a white cake mix, bake as directed on the box. Poke holes in the cake and mix up a 4-serving vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Let is set a couple of minutes until it begins to thicken and then pour over the cake smooshing the pudding down in the holes with the back of a spoon. Let it set a little bit and then take a can of chocolate frosting, heat in the micro for a bit so it softens, and then pour over the top of the cake and smooth out. Eureka, Chocolate eclair cake!
Old 03-19-2015, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
An easier one is use a white cake mix, bake as directed on the box. Poke holes in the cake and mix up a 4-serving vanilla or French vanilla instant pudding mix with 1 1/2 cups of milk. Let is set a couple of minutes until it begins to thicken and then pour over the cake smooshing the pudding down in the holes with the back of a spoon. Let it set a little bit and then take a can of chocolate frosting, heat in the micro for a bit so it softens, and then pour over the top of the cake and smooth out. Eureka, Chocolate eclair cake!
Here's another--
1 large pkg vanilla or chocolate instant pudding
2 c milk
1 container whipped topping
graham cracker squares
1 can chocolate frosting
Prepare pudding according to package directions, using 2 c milk. Mix with topping. Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan with a layer of graham crackers (as they come from the package). Place half of the pudding mixture on these. Put another layer of crackers and then the rest of the pudding mixture. Top with a 3rd layer of graham crackers and spread frosting over all. Chill thoroughly --as in overnight! Cut into squares to serve. (I find it easier to apply the frosting to the top crackers before placing them on the cake and then fill in the spaces.}
Old 03-19-2015, 03:58 PM

I make the one you do, Glenda M. It makes quite a few servings and always goes over well. The other recipes sound good, too.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:47 PM

I'll just take a piece of each! LOL!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:25 AM

I have made Illinois' version several times, and it's always a hit. You can microwave the frosting and simply pour it on. I have also replaced some of the milk with up to 1/2 c. flavored liqueur, and varied the frostings if need be. Delish!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM

Oh my goodness does that ever sound yummy. Will have to try it with my grand daughters.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing..always looking for something different...
Old 03-22-2015, 06:50 PM

I make this with a slight variation....we call it CREAM PUFF DESSERT. Make it for every holiday. It is always a huge hit!
YUM! Making it for Easter dinner.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:35 PM

This sounds delicious I would not change a thing. I love love eclairs , I have a party to go to this weekend I am making this for sure. For a main dish I will be taking fish dish. Mock lobster pie, this is also delicious.