Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Chocolate Cake in 5 Minutes

  1. #1
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Got this recipe in my email today, thought id share..........


    5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

    4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    A small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug (Microwave Safe)

    Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

    Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..

    Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
    Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

    The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

    Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
    EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

    Now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
    Attached Images Attached Images



  2. #2
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    This one is really good,Henry! I have been making it since the fall. In fact just had one the other night.....

    I sometimes make it in a 2 cup measuring cup...

  3. #3
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    This one is really good,Henry! I have been making it since the fall. In fact just had one the other night.....

    I sometimes make it in a 2 cup measuring cup...

    Awesome! :)

  4. #4
    Super Member quilter1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    1,301
    Henry

    This looks kind of yummy LOL.

    I'm just wondering whether your mugs are larger over there in comparison to ours here - (I've just read this message back & it sounds gobbledy gook as we say). I hope you understand what I am trying to say LOL.

    Tisha

  5. #5
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter1962
    Henry

    This looks kind of yummy LOL.

    I'm just wondering whether your mugs are larger over there in comparison to ours here - (I've just read this message back & it sounds gobbledy gook as we say). I hope you understand what I am trying to say LOL.

    Tisha
    I dont know. I have what I call avg mugs and oversized mugs.

  6. #6
    Senior Member triciasquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Butte, MT
    Posts
    478
    Oh, yummmmm......I will definitely try this!! Thanks, Henry.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    Hey,we had that in our newspaper this week.I am a WW and I am trying to figure out how to make it WW frindly. We have this recipe for making a fat free cake,All you do is get a box cake mis,pour a diet coke,or if it is a yellow or white cake use diet 7UP or something like that. Pour the can of coke in the cake stir up and bake. Taste just like reg. cake it is sometime a little hard to cut becuase it is so moist. You can't tell the difference,and lots cheeper by the time you figure eggs and oil. not to mention the clories you save. I haven't tired the cup cake yet but I have the recipe out of our paper.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    157
    Wow,looks good,I go weigh today,may have to try that for lunch. I think if I put in all the dry ing,but leave out eggs and oil,pour in my diet coke it might work. I am starving now....

  9. #9
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty44
    Hey,we had that in our newspaper this week.I am a WW and I am trying to figure out how to make it WW frindly. We have this recipe for making a fat free cake,All you do is get a box cake mis,pour a diet coke,or if it is a yellow or white cake use diet 7UP or something like that. Pour the can of coke in the cake stir up and bake. Taste just like reg. cake it is sometime a little hard to cut becuase it is so moist. You can't tell the difference,and lots cheeper by the time you figure eggs and oil. not to mention the clories you save. I haven't tired the cup cake yet but I have the recipe out of our paper.

    Hmmm I may have to give that a try. :)

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7
    Henry, I haven't tried the little cake yet but was wondering if it needs some baking powder or soda. I;m not that much of a baker as you can tell. Marilynh

  11. #11
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Looks delicious!

  12. #12
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by marilynh
    Henry, I haven't tried the little cake yet but was wondering if it needs some baking powder or soda. I;m not that much of a baker as you can tell. Marilynh
    Nope just the ingredients listed. :)
    Although I substituted the flour with wheat flour and the egg with applesauce. And then I put some chocolate icing on top. It was yummy.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lynchburg, VA
    Posts
    76
    Thank you Henry for this cake in a cup recipe. I will have to tell the girls at work about this in the morning.

    Tammy

  14. #14
    Super Member henryparrish76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,581
    Blog Entries
    2
    No problem. :) It is a yummy cake when you want one in a jiffy.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    N.C
    Posts
    39
    i tried this last year somebody sent it in a email
    it was good but i think i put to many cho chips
    i don't really like cho without nuts or cocnut
    next time i think i will try adding one of these

  16. #16
    ILove2quilt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Posts
    125
    I have that recipe and make it whenever my DH gets a sweet tooth. The first time I made it I thought the cake was going to come out of the cup but it didn't. I make homemade peanut butter icing for on it.

  17. #17
    Power Poster RedGarnet222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Reno, Nv
    Posts
    14,475
    Hey thanks henry!

  18. #18
    Super Member ptquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    5,895
    has anyone adapted this recipe to use with baker's chocolate instead of cocoa? I came into a 50 pound box of unsweetened chocolate and it is lasting a long time.

  19. #19
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    has anyone adapted this recipe to use with baker's chocolate instead of cocoa? I came into a 50 pound box of unsweetened chocolate and it is lasting a long time.
    Cocoa isn't sweetened either...I'm pretty sure they are one and the same.

  20. #20
    Dawneda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pace,Fl.
    Posts
    346
    Ohhhh thank you very much. I'll let my grandson make this one.

  21. #21
    Super Member starshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    has anyone adapted this recipe to use with baker's chocolate instead of cocoa? I came into a 50 pound box of unsweetened chocolate and it is lasting a long time.
    Cocoa isn't sweetened either...I'm pretty sure they are one and the same.
    You might have to melt the bakers choc. and mix it in with the liquids.

    We circulated this around our office a year or two ago. Some of us substibute our favorite sugar replacement for the sugar, and it works fine. LOL I just made this a few hours ago.

    It rises above the mug when baking in the microwave but stays in the cup.

    Our average mug here in the states usually is between 10 and 12 ounces. And then there are larger ones. This works in the 10 -12 oz. fine.

    I also sometimes add some walnuts or pecans. I'm sure coconut will work. Thanks for the applesauce tip. I'm going to try that one too.

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    569
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for the recipe...I am making mug rugs including this recipe and a snowman mug for a few of my sweet friends at church...hope they like it.
    The mug rugs are the size of a pot holder with an appliqued coffee cup on them...some with coffee spilling out.
    Have turned out cute thus far...have to quilt and bind them out tomorrow then will post pics.
    thanks again.

  23. #23
    Super Member starshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by sumcoop
    Thanks for the recipe...I am making mug rugs including this recipe and a snowman mug for a few of my sweet friends at church...hope they like it.
    The mug rugs are the size of a pot holder with an appliqued coffee cup on them...some with coffee spilling out.
    Have turned out cute thus far...have to quilt and bind them out tomorrow then will post pics.
    thanks again.
    What a cute idea!

  24. #24
    Power Poster blueangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    20,481
    How cute

  25. #25
    Super Member tutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    1,712
    Uh OH !!!!!

    Smiling ! thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.