Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Cream Cheese Snowcaps >

Cream Cheese Snowcaps

Cream Cheese Snowcaps

Old 12-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bebe
I made 2 batches last night. I took them to my vet and some friends that own a restaurant. A few were left and I tasted them they were good. I will add nuts next time.
Thanks for the recipe :thumbup:
Yw, bebe! We had some here, and i save some for the grandbabies. DH likes them bc i make them soft for him. I'm gonna have to try doing them in 1" balls next time, and I think I will try some lemon ones too, but that will be next year.
Between those and the dbl. choc. chip, I have had a gazillion calories this week and it's not even the big day yet:oops:
Old 12-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Loretta
Enjoy the day! You can worry about calories in Jan! LOL!
:XD: your so right, Loretta...let's eat, drink and be oh so, merry!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM

Oh these sound yummy. Think I have some cream cheese in outside fridge. Gonna try these. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wvdek
Oh these sound yummy. Think I have some cream cheese in outside fridge. Gonna try these. Thanks.
They are a really nice change from all the chocolate...?what am I saying?:lol:
Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 PM

here is a pic of my snow caps ready to go to a party tonight!!!
Thanks for the recipe!!!

they are on the left side/ Yummmmmmmmy!!!!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58594[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-58594.jpe  
Old 12-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bebe
here is a pic of my snow caps ready to go to a party tonight!!!
Thanks for the recipe!!!
bebe, your cookie platters look beautiful. I saw the other thread, before i saw this.
All the cookies in my house are gone...hold that platter still, and i'll just help mouse-self, lol!:-D
mmm-mm! you did a super job, bebe! :mrgreen:
Old 01-02-2010, 04:43 PM

One of two favorites? What's the other. We'll probably like it also.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ByThePiece
One of two favorites? What's the other. We'll probably like it also.

You'd love my other favorite. I called it Double Chocolate Chip on here, but when the recipe was given to me, my neighbor called it neeman marcus cookies.
(spelled that way on purpose:wink: )
I don't know if the story that went with the recipe is true and don't want to step on toes, but I'll share the story for the n-ee-man marcus cookies, if ya get my drift:
A lady was dining at this posh establishment and since the aforementioned dessert came highly reccommended, she decided that she would indeed try them.
They were incredibly delicious, so she asked if it were possible to get the recipe.
Well, I'll ask our master chef, said the waiter, and he came back and said that it would require a stipend of two fifty, but he would be glad to make arrangements for the recipe to be ready for her by the time she was ready to leave.
So after enjoying more than several of the delicious confections with their after dinner coffee, she paid with her credit card and received the coveted prize!
"How exciting!", she told her guest. "We'll have the best dessert at every function."
Her guest was ecstatic that she was going to take her into her confidence and share.
So the story goes, that in a few weeks, the bill for the credit card came and as she was looking it over, as she always did, she noticed the typo for the cookie recipe:
two hundred fifty dollars! :shock:
"Yikes! I'll have to have that amended immediately."
So she made a call to the restaurant and was informed that it was not a typo. All of their recipes were created by the highly skilled and talented staff and were unique and carried the name of the famous restaurant. To have a copy of one of their recipes was considered an honor. Usually it was only the 'elite' that knew what a grand value it was.
Well, this lady was no reverse-snob, towards the rich, but she knew greed when she saw it!
"Why that's just ridiculous, she exclaimed!"
"Well, madam, you requested the recipe, you were informed of the price, and you gave your credit card for payment. The recipe is yours, hope you enjoy it."
She protested a little further, but to no avail.
So, being quite angry at being 'taken', she decided that since her copy, was indeed her possession, and she had signed nothing in agreement for not sharing it...
she decided that is exactly what she would do.
So she printed off hundreds of copies and gave them to all her friends and family, and many patrons of that particular restaurant.
She felt that in doing so, it would no longer be 'unique.'
Anyone could have it, for free.
Small compensation but it would do to soothe her feelings.

So there you have it. Is it a legend? I do not know. I think it is an interesting story though. But I kept the recipe, and have used it every Christmas since that first one, after tasting the cookies at my neighbors house, because they are just that good!
I love them! and so does my family. I hope you try them, and find out for yourself, that to me, they really could be served in the grandest restaurant you would ever hope to visit...and you got the recipe right here, free! :-D
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Interesting Story. I'm new and don't know where to look for the recipe. Do I have to search for neerman marcus? Help a newby please.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ByThePiece
Interesting Story. I'm new and don't know where to look for the recipe. Do I have to search for neerman marcus? Help a newby please.
By the Piece, I posted the recipe under the name:
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-31862-1.htm

Make sure you scroll down the page to the second posting of the recipe, the first one has some computer glitches in it.
I didn't tell this story there either, but I may re-post the recipe next Christmas and add it.
I love to hear how things got started.:-D
Thanks for asking! :-D