Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Crockpot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

Crockpot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

I've become quite a fan of crockpot meals, especially since I don't have an oven yet. (It will come with our spring kitchen remodel.) Yesterday I tried some cabbage rolls in the crockpot. I had a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage so I cooked it up, then mixed it together with one egg, a bit of milk, a cup of leftover rice and half an onion. I blanched 10 or so cabbage leaves, then rolled the meat mixture into them. I layered the stuffed cabbage rolls into the crockpot, then poured an 8oz can of tomato sauce mixed with a drop of Worcestershire sauce and lemon sauce over the top. It tasted pretty good, perfect for a winter's dinner.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    sounds yummy to me!

Sounds amazing ! I know a family that buys huge heads of cabbage in the Fall and gathers to make cabbage rolls. Love all things cabbage.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh. I just quickly glanced at the title of this and thought it said crackpot stuffed cabbage rolls. Just had to look. Then realized the only crackpot was me. Recipe sounds great tho.

Just last week I made Keto friendly cabbage rolls. I did use my oven but your post got me thinking--I'm pretty sure I could have used my crockpot instead. Such a nice comfort food winter meal!
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    I love cabbage rolls!
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

They are on our menu for this week tho I use shredded cabbage instead of rolling them in leaves and just make it like a casserole. Tastes the same but easier.

You’re a genius! Going to have to try your recipe. Haven’t had cabbage rolls since my Mom used to make them for our family. Thank you!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I use a can of crushed tomatoes or diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14...oll-casserole/

you can cheat and use cole slaw mix to make these too
    Last edited by Up North; 01-23-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I've made them for years. I love making a huge amount and then we have leftovers. My husband is Polish and we eat them with vinegar drizzled on top. I can't enjoy them without the vinegar!
    We call them Kwumpkis. I know I'm spelling it wrong but that's the Polish name for them.
    Oh- I also top them with bacon. I'm getting hungry typing this LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
    I've made them for years. I love making a huge amount and then we have leftovers. My husband is Polish and we eat them with vinegar drizzled on top. I can't enjoy them without the vinegar!
    We call them Kwumpkis. I know I'm spelling it wrong but that's the Polish name for them.
    Oh- I also top them with bacon. I'm getting hungry typing this LOL
    Oooh, vinegar sounds like a great way to have them. And bacon? My DH loves bacon! Great ideas!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Quote Originally Posted by Up North View Post
    They are on our menu for this week tho I use shredded cabbage instead of rolling them in leaves and just make it like a casserole. Tastes the same but easier.
    What a good idea to use shredded cabbage! I can see myself doing this when the kiddos get older and I'm even busier! Thanks!

NZ- I make them in a lasagna pan and put the uncooked bacon over the top before baking them. I've never done them in a crockpot but it sounds like a great idea.
    I never heard of vinegar until I met my husband but it's sooooo good that way!
    I love ethnic recipes!