Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Easy recipes needed >

Easy recipes needed

Easy recipes needed

Old 12-27-2010, 06:37 AM

I make pot roast (with carrots and potatoes) or beef stew with a can of Campbell's French onion soup and a can of Golden Mushrooom soup. Very easy - and make a great gravy. Cook on low in the crock pot all day.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 AM

Thanks ladies..Im a from scratch gal so nothing is quick for me...I come from an Amish and Mennonite family and I'm not to good at the quick meal thing...lol...this should help him out alot..Thank you
Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 AM

Buy several boxes of Lipton onion soup (dry) Throw in any kind of meat. Dump a packet of soup mix on top. Wash whole potatoes throw them in . one per person. Also a can of mushroom soup or a dab of water. but on low and have a meal. Fresh carrots are good also. The juice can be used as Gravy.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:19 PM

When I'm in a hurry or tired, I make "Poor Mans Stroganoff". It's really simple. In the frozen section of the supermarket, get a bag (I get the 2 lb. bag) of SWEDISH meatballs (NOT Italian) and get 2 - 12oz jars of Heinz Gravy, one beef and one turkey. The meatballs are fully cooked so all he has to do is thaw them out in the microwave, or put them in the fridge overnight to thaw. Mix the 2 jars of gravy together in a large saucepan, put in the thawed out meatballs (however many he thinks they can eat) and let them simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes. While the meatballs and gravy are heating up, he can cook up a bag of Wide Egg Noodles. I use the whole wheat/whole grain noodles but the regular, white egg noodles will do fine. He could probably cook up the whole bag or maybe half to 3/4 of the 12 oz bag. They only take 7 to 9 minutes to cook. Drain them when they're done, put some in each bowl or on each plate, put the meatballs and gravy on top, like you would spaghetti sauce, and that's all there is to it. Poor Mans Stroganoff! Tastes great, kids love it, and the leftovers can be either frozen for a meal at another time, or put the leftovers in the fridge and have them the next day. (To reinforce, buy SWEDISH meatballs, NOT the Italian ones.)
Kip
Old 12-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Check out Allrecipes.com. there is a recipe for "Delicious Ham and Potato soup." (I use sliced turkey meat and cut in chunks from the deli) I like the turkey best. It really is an easy recipe and delicious. 5 stars!!! You can add other veggies or different kinds of cooked meats, like chicken, ham, turkey. I have been making this and gets great reviews. In fact, I just made this for dinner. On stove top takes about 30 min., then I place in crockpot on warm.
I hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:11 PM

Tried and true at my house . . . take a whole chicken and put it in the crock pot. Add a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and let it cook all day on medium. End result is delicious.

Vary the seasoning by substituting with a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix, OR, cream of mushroom soup, OR, sweet & sour sauce, OR spaghetti sauce. Serve over rice or spaghetti. Complete it with a salad or frozen veggies. Desert - scoop of ice cream with a cookie. Yum, I'm hungry.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:16 PM

Oh, and how can I forget. You can bake potatoes in the crock pot too. Serve with butter, cheese and crispy bacon sprinkles.

I was a single working mom with 3 little ones. So, let us know how he does with all our suggestions.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 PM

There's this website with lots of recipes. She has kids too so it would be something that would appeal to everybody.

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Old 12-27-2010, 08:55 PM

I put 3 pounds of frozen chicken breast in the crock pot, add 1 package of taco mix sprinkle on top of the chicken and add 1 cup of water. cook on high for a few hours then shred and use for tacos, burritios, any mexican dish. It's easy and fast. I also freeze some for another day.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 PM

One of our favorites.

In a pan cook chicken breast that has been seasoned with cumin and paprika and salt and pepper. After it is cooked and still in the pan add 1/3 cup of salsa until heated. (the chicken cooks in the time it takes my rice cooker to make rice.) Super easy and yummy. Leftovers are great on salads, too.