Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Help with recipe

Help with recipe

Ok, if you know me at all, you know I do NOT like to be in my kitchen except to eat. But I've been using my crockpot and just love it. So my question is this: Does anyone have an easy crockpot recipe using chicken breasts?

Thanks for your help!
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.

~~~~~~~~~
    Salsa Chicken
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Set chicken breasts into crock.
    Can also add chopped/sliced/chunked -- onions, mushrooms, celery, peppers, etc. if you wish.
    Put salsa on top.
    If more chicken breasts do another layer of same.
    Put lid on crockpot.
    Forget and go and sew!!!

At supper time,
    take lid off and sprinkle some feta on top of the chicken.
    Put lid back on as you do the final preparations to let the cheese melt a little.

Delicious!!!!

Variation .... Greek Chicken ... same as above but use antipasto.

Serve with rice and steamed veggies ... and/or or a salad.

Leftovers are great re-heated or added to salads.
    Last edited by QuiltE; 01-06-2012 at 01:52 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Oh my goodness....that sounds delicious and EASY!!
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt.

Absolutely!! And you don't need to put on a lot of salsa. I usually spread it on, kind of like icing the chicken!
    More is OK, but the chicken is more apt to fall apart ... more like chicken salsa soup!

Instead of feta, I usually use fresh grated parmesan and keep the feta for the greek version.

You can also bake it, in a flat pan.

You can also use italian dressing along with garlic and onions.

You might want to give boneless skinless chicken thighs in your recipes for the crock pot. Breasts tend to get overcooked IMHO.
    McCormick has a season packet for pulled pork, I use this with chicken thighs, shread and serve on buns, wonderful smoky flavor.

Oh wow...more fantastic ideas!! You all are just as creative in your cooking as you are in your sewing!!

And I don't think I've ever seen boneless skinless chicken thighs in the store...but then I've never looked!! Will have to check that out on my next trip!

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce View Post
    Oh wow...more fantastic ideas!! You all are just as creative in your cooking as you are in your sewing!!

And I don't think I've ever seen boneless skinless chicken thighs in the store...but then I've never looked!! Will have to check that out on my next trip!
    The thighs can be a great $ $aver, if you don't care whether it's dark/light meat! And it doesn't matter whether with/without bone. It depends which I have, which I use for the same recipe.

I don't find one or the other cooks any faster in the crock ... more so it's how long I leave it there! Breasts would take longer and less apt to be overcooked, because of the larger mass of meat.

Blog Entries
    Cover chicken breast with cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup. Add in about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Cover and cook
    Jodyma

Quote Originally Posted by jodyma View Post
    Cover chicken breast with cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup. Add in about 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Cover and cook
    Thanks for the idea ... Sounds delicious!! ... must try this soon. I think I'd "beef" up the soup with some extra mushrooms and celery.

Do you use condensed soup? or ready-to-eat?

Try this site: http://thecrockstar.blogspot.com/sea...el/Crock%20pot
    She has a recipe for chicken burritos and creamy chicken and basil. I love her crock pot beef stroganoff!!!
    Cris

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CHICKEN PARISIENNE

6 medium chicken breasts
    1 10 -ounce can, cream of mushroom soup, condensed
    Salt and Pepper
    Paprika
    1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained ( cup)
    c dry white wine, vermouth, (Optional)
    1 c dairy sour cream

Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place chicken breasts in Crock Pot.

Mix white wine, soup, and mushrooms until well combined, mixing in sour cream now if you will be cooking on low. Pour over chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (high: 2 to 3 hours with sour cream added during last 30 min.) Serve sauce over chicken with rice or noodles.

I use low-fat sour cream and will sometimes make dumplings to serve over. Everyone loves it.

Easy, easy chicken vegetable soup, gluten free.

Put any amount of chicken in crock pot (I use one cut up chicken) for about 5 hours in enough water to cover. Remove, bone and dice. Return to pot. Add 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 diced green peppers, 1 large onion diced, 3 celery ribs diced, 1 lb sliced frozen okra, 1 cup rice. Cook about 2 more hours. Serve with hot fresh gluten free cornbread.

You will fall in love with your crockpot when you try these:
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2005/12/chicken.html
    Rita

Here's a site I just came upon: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/slow-cook...ail=1023323890

I have not looked at it though.

Quote Originally Posted by matraina View Post
    CHICKEN PARISIENNE

6 medium chicken breasts
    1 10 -ounce can, cream of mushroom soup, condensed
    Salt and Pepper
    Paprika
    1 4-ounce can mushrooms, drained ( cup)
    c dry white wine, vermouth, (Optional)
    1 c dairy sour cream

Sprinkle chicken breasts lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place chicken breasts in Crock Pot.

Mix white wine, soup, and mushrooms until well combined, mixing in sour cream now if you will be cooking on low. Pour over chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours (high: 2 to 3 hours with sour cream added during last 30 min.) Serve sauce over chicken with rice or noodles.

I use low-fat sour cream and will sometimes make dumplings to serve over. Everyone loves it.

I tried this one and it was WONDERFUL (didn't have any white wine or vermouth) and only had 2 chicken breasts in the freezer. I did add some garlic and onion powder and served over noodles with sour cream on top! I did shred the chicken to make it go further so I can give the "leftovers" to my DD (lol)

Thanks for all the wonderful recipes .... wanna try the one with salsa too and the one that makes chicken burritos and well, the list goes on and on!

Something else easy is to just pour BBQ sauce of the boneless chicken thighs and let it cook all day. That BBQ sauce cooks into the chicken and you would think you are eating actual BBQ chicken!

If you have a whole chicken .... delicious in the crock!
    Just like the deli quick-chicks! Plus of course, fresher and hotter, as it's right in your home .... and oh, the nice aroma of the home cooked meal.

You can just put chicken pieces in the slow cooker & add a tin of any cream soup and put on low for 8-10 hours & makes a wonderful comfort dinner. Here's what is in the slow cooker today though, not sure of the link I found the recipe at but it says Crock-Pot, the original slow cooker on the top.
    East-West Barbecued Chicken
    6-8 chicken breast halves (bone-in) I use the skinless ones bone out...
    1/3 cup ketchup
    1/3 cup orange marmalade
    2 TBSP brown sugar
    3 TBSP soy sauce
    1 TBSP white wine vinegar
    1 tsp fresh minced ginger ( I use a tsp. of ground ginger)
    1 clove garlic, minced ( I use 2)

Place chicken in slow cooker. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl & pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high 3 - 5 hours.

YUMMY!!!! (serving with brown rice and steamed broccoli & cauliflower)

Nothing could be easier than this. Layer chicken breasts with some duck sauce, repeat until all breasts are used and then cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours- until quick read thermometer reads 180. Enjoy over rice or noodles. Yummy.