Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
I would like to make frozen fudge pops >

I would like to make frozen fudge pops

I would like to make frozen fudge pops

Old 02-25-2023, 05:02 PM

Default I would like to make frozen fudge pops

I have gotten a silicone mold for 10 frozen pops or ice cream sticks. Does anyone have a tried-and-true recipe on how to make fudge yogurt ones. I don't want anything to be 'icy' but softer and creamy smooth.

I tried a test batch using 3 cups of my homemade yogurt and 1/2 cup chocolate instant pudding mix. They are not bad but would like them to be softer.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:43 AM

Try adding cocoa and sweetener to yogurt. I make sugar free ice cream a lot. Add different flavors...peppermint, strawberry, horchata, cocoa...
per serving:
1 cup half n half
1/4 cup Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla per batch
Cuisinart ice cream maker.
(for chocolate add 1 tablespoon cocoa per serving)

Last edited by aashley333; 02-26-2023 at 04:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

I don't know if there is a way to make them just like packaged. I think there are additives to make that creamy feel. I tried making ice cream in one of those cuisinart ice cream makers. The first time we ate it out of the machine it was delicious. Then froze the rest into a solid block that never got creamy again, just melted. I will follow this thread to see if there is a solution.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
I don't know if there is a way to make them just like packaged. I think there are additives to make that creamy feel. I tried making ice cream in one of those cuisinart ice cream makers. The first time we ate it out of the machine it was delicious. Then froze the rest into a solid block that never got creamy again, just melted. I will follow this thread to see if there is a solution.
I wonder if they add lecithin to the recipe? You can buy it at nuts.com. I have some, but never used it. I'm very curious.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
I wonder if they add lecithin to the recipe? You can buy it at nuts.com. I have some, but never used it. I'm very curious.
could be. Ice cream containers sometimes say "emulsifiers" and "carrageenan". Or maybe there is enough sugar to do it. I might do a Google search
Old 02-26-2023, 12:03 PM
Power Poster

One of many articles
https://www.compoundchem.com/2015/07/14/ice-cream/
Old 02-27-2023, 04:08 AM

Leftover ice cream is frozen solid. I set it on the counter for 45 minutes+-, then stir it well.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:12 AM

Anyone remember years ago when they used to have Pudding Pops in the ice cream department of the store. This is a copy cat recipe from the Copy Cat books. Pudding Pops: 1 package chocolate (or vanilla) instant pudding mix, 1 1/2 cups milk,
2 cups Cool Whip. Using wire whisk, stir pudding mix into milk. Whip in Cool Whip. Spoon into your favorite molds or spoon into
3 oz. Dixie cups and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

I tried the Wendy frosty recipe. It was great right out of the mixer. But put it in the freezer and froze solid. Tried to defrost slowly but it melted and never was the right texture/consistency.
Old 02-27-2023, 06:39 AM

Thank you, gals, for your input. I just did a search for DIY pudding pops and came up with a number of ones that I just printed out. Now I have one for instant pudding and also one with chocolate chips, milk and Greek yogurt.
Am off to the kitchen to gather items to make a test batch.