Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Lemon Curd >

Lemon Curd

Lemon Curd

Old 04-10-2009, 10:51 PM
CRH

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by CRH
Thanks for this recipe. I made it and it is delicious!!!

Do you have a special recipe for the tart shells, or is a pie crust type recipe good for these??
CRH: I have used regular pie crust using:

3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Water
1 tsp. Salt
6 tsp. COLD water

Mix as always and either roll out to fit a 8 or 9 inch pie shell or put walnut sized pieces of dough in a mini muffin tin and I use a wood plunger thing to spread the dough in the muffin tin on the bottom and up the sides of the tin....I love the wood plunger thing. I think I got it from Pampered Chef.

I've also used a sugar cookie dough for the tart which is delicious and makes a firmer tart. Don't add the filling to the tart until ready to serve.

I've also used the vinegar/egg pie crust recipe and I DO NOT recommend it for the tarts as the crust is too fragile and doesn't hold up through the first bite...guess it's great if you pop the whole tartlette in your mouth but if you plan to bite into the tart it falls apart using this crust.
No shortening??? Or butter??
Old 04-11-2009, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by CRH
Originally Posted by CRH

Do you have a special recipe for the tart shells, or is a pie crust type recipe good for these??

3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Shortening
1 tsp. Salt
6 tsp. COLD water

Mix as always and either roll out to fit a 8 or 9 inch pie shell or put walnut sized pieces of dough in a mini muffin tin and I use a wood plunger thing to spread the dough in the muffin tin on the bottom and up the sides of the tin....I love the wood plunger thing. I think I got it from Pampered Chef.

I've also used a sugar cookie dough for the tart which is delicious and makes a firmer tart. Don't add the filling to the tart until ready to serve.

I've also used the vinegar/egg pie crust recipe and I DO NOT recommend it for the tarts as the crust is too fragile and doesn't hold up through the first bite...guess it's great if you pop the whole tartlette in your mouth but if you plan to bite into the tart it falls apart using this crust.
Dang! CRH! YES, there is one cup of SHORTENING...I put 1 Cup water and that is WRONG! I fixed the recipe on the board. Thanks for catching this mistake. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :-o
Old 04-11-2009, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by CRH
Originally Posted by CRH

3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Shortening
1 tsp. Salt
6 tsp. COLD water

Correction made to the pie crust recipe! Shortening added. Recipe is NOW correct.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by CRH
Originally Posted by CRH

3 Cups Flour
1 Cup Shortening
1 tsp. Salt
6 tsp. COLD water

Old 04-11-2009, 05:50 PM
CRH

Feathers: Thanks for the recipes!!! Would you believe that your crust recipe is the same one I use all the time? :-)

(I used cream puff dough recipe for the 'crust' when I made the lemon curd and it worked well, too.)
Old 04-12-2009, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by CRH
Feathers: Thanks for the recipes!!! Would you believe that your crust recipe is the same one I use all the time? :-)

(I used cream puff dough recipe for the 'crust' when I made the lemon curd and it worked well, too.)
CRH: What a great idea. I have some puff pastry in the freezer..guess I'll open a jar of curd and the package of pastry and give it a go. Thanks for the suggestion.

The pie recipe is one I got from my aunt at my wedding shower back in 1966. I've used it and used it and it always turns out great.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:02 PM

I'm new to the Board so only just found this message.

Since moving to Spain, we have found lemons to be abundant so there are plenty for experimenting. This Summer I made lemon curd and then turned it into lemon curd ice cream. It was a great success!

Here's my recipe:

1 1/4 cup lemon curd
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk

Stir together and taste for sweetness. [I found it needed nothing] Pour into ice cream maker and let it do its stuff!

Easy peasy!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzydripping
This Summer I made lemon curd and then turned it into lemon curd ice cream. It was a great success!...
Easy peasy!!!
That sounds so refreshing on a hot day!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lizzydripping
I'm new to the Board so only just found this message.

Since moving to Spain, we have found lemons to be abundant so there are plenty for experimenting. This Summer I made lemon curd and then turned it into lemon curd ice cream. It was a great success!

Here's my recipe:

1 1/4 cup lemon curd
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk

Stir together and taste for sweetness. [I found it needed nothing] Pour into ice cream maker and let it do its stuff!

Easy peasy!!!
Oh! man, I can't wait to try this. Thanks so much for the recipe.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:25 PM

Feathers, If your my Secret Santa you can send me a jar!! :lol:
YUM

HAHA! Just noticed that this post was orginally from April! Guess I have to make my own :cry: