Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper? >

need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper?

need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper?

Old 02-13-2012, 05:57 PM

Quiche ~ Beat your eggs, add frozen brocc (rinse in warm water and drain well), onion, mushroom, salt/pepper, cheese(shredded),can add bacon bits, sausage, etc, spray pan, preheat oven bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes. You can also use this recipe and put it in a crust if desired.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Buy a George Foreman grill with removable plates. Our family cooks on it almost every night. We have 2 chicken nites, 2 red meat nights, and 2 fish nights each week. Nothing takes more than 12 minutes to cook. While meat is grilling, heat up some frozen veggies, butter and toast some bread in the toaster oven, make rice or instant mash potatoes, cut up some fruit. In less than 20 minutes you can have a great healthy meal. Clean up with the removable grates is very easy. The hubby loves to grill and I do the other stuff. Great time to unwind and chat before dinner.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 AM

Here's my fav... I take the pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken breasts (breaded ones work well too). Then, get Hunt's diced tomatoes with the green pepper, onion and celery in it, the bag of mozzerella cheese and protein enriched angel hair pasta with frozen steamed veggies or side salad.

Heat everything up according to the packages, put the pasta on the plate with the sauce then cheese on top, put the chicken breast on the plate, then sauce and cheese - veggies and it looks like/tastes like you spent a long time on it, but I go from walking in the door to dinner on the table in 20min. : D. Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 AM

Make on the weekend and reheat the night you want it
Chicken pot pie
1 box refrigerated pie crust {found in the sectionwhere butter, cheese etc is}
1 small can green beans drained
1 small can kernel corn drained
8 oz sour cream
1/2 can onion rings.
2 or 3 chicken breast cooked and cut up in bite size pieces
mix altogether in a bowl
pour into pie crust in a deep dish
layer the 2nd crust on top
bake at 350 for abt 40 min. maybe 50 min.
let it cool before cutting into pie wedges
i also season it with poultry seasonig while boiling or baking the chicken, and add more to the mixture before putitng it in the pie shell.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:22 AM

We like salmon croquettes: Flake a can of salmon, removing bones and excess skin; add 1 egg, crushed saltine crackers and seasonings (salt, pepper, dill, onions, etc.). Mix, form into patties and fry in olive oil until crispy and brown. Heat a couple of cans of veggies (or use frozen) and dinner is ready. We usually have enough for lunch leftovers the following day.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:47 AM

I love eggs and toast at night. Eggs anyway with sausage, toast and sometime gravy. Delicious Also something inthe crock pot and you get left overs for other nights. Roast with carrots, potatoes and onions. Soups, stews, ribs, the possibilities are endless.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by almond View Post
When I worked. before I went to work I would put a couple of chicken breasts in the crock pot along with a couple potatoes and some carrots and cover with golden mushroom soup and cook all day. When I got home from work supper was ready. After the clean up I could get right to the sewing room.

This is one of our favorites too! It works with pork chops and round steak as well.
Sometimes I omit the veggies, stir in a bit of sour cream while i cook noodles and make it into a stroganoff.

I also cook with planned leftovers in mind. Easy to do cause i'm still in the "cook for everyone" mode even though it's just two of us.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 PM

Hello Beth from Beth
This recipe is wonderful and easy.
Spicy Enchilada Chicken Soup

3- Cooked Chicken Breast (Cubed)
1 can Campbell’s cheddar cheese soup
1 can Campbell’s Cream of chicken soup
2 cans green chili enchilada sauce
1 soup can of milk
2 can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can black beans (drained and washed)
1 bag plain of the round tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar cheese.

Cubes cooked chicken… place in sauce pan add all other ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes serve hot

Pour soup into individual bowls over tortilla chips and top with shredded cheddar cheese
Enjoy.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM

Corn Chowder Excellent

8 Large Potatoes (Peeled and Cubed)
2 Cans of Swanson chicken broth
1 Large onion, chopped
1/4 Cup Margarine
2 Cans (14-3/4) Cream Style Corn
8 oz Real Bacon Bits or 6 strips of bacon cooked crisp
Crumble and plce in soup.
2 Cups of Milk
1 -16oz. Colby cheese more or less depending on your taste

Place potatoes in a large cook ware; cover potatoes with chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. (Do not drain potatoes.) I mashed my potatoes but left a few in cubes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in margarine until tender. Stir in corn and bacon bits; heat through. Add corn, colby cheese, and milk to potatoes and stir till cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12-14 servings.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Tonight we are having Salsa chicken. I put frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot this morning and dumped a jar of salsa over them. Cooked them on low all day. When I got home, I started some rice in the rice cooker. In just a few minutes we will have a scrumptious dinner. I also make Swiss steak with a chuck steak and several cans of diced tomatoes. Serve that over rice, also. Yum Yum!!