Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper? >

need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper?

need inspiration: whats your favorite quick go-to weeknight supper?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:58 PM

mmmm, some of these sound delish! tonight I sauteed tilapia filets in browned butter and made microwaved veggies...the fish cooked in only 10 minutes so it was actually super quick and easy.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 PM

mcdonalds, hahaha, sorry, couldn't help it, i too make batches of spaghetti sauce, chili, and i fry up hamburger meat to use in taco salads, chili and sloppy joes, when i do the spaghetti sauce i make up trays of lasagna. Soup and salads are easy, we love soup during the winter months, i also have a couple of casserole dishes i make ahead and freeze
Old 02-17-2012, 01:37 PM
kso

Meatballs.

Bake masses of them in your oven. Freeze them in meal size portions. Thaw in micorwave and serve with your favorite sauce: marinara, alfredo, mushroom soup with lipton onion soup, etc.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:51 AM

My family loves "Skillet Dinner" put over mashed potatoes, with a good salad and u can always make a head and freeze. The recipe I have had for yrs.,and come to think, we haven't had it in a while. If u would like the recipe just e-mail me.

wantanaquilt
Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wantanaquilt View Post
My family loves "Skillet Dinner" put over mashed potatoes, with a good salad and u can always make a head and freeze. The recipe I have had for yrs.,and come to think, we haven't had it in a while. If u would like the recipe just e-mail me. wantanaquilt
Looks interesting ... why not post it here, so we can all benefit?
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Here's a nice quick, inexpensive one.

Sloppy Joes

Brown 2lbs ground beef with 1 cup minced onion

Add sauce made of these ingredients;
1 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
salt
pepper

heat and serve over bread of choice

Last edited by TanyaL; 02-24-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:48 PM

I'd love to know more about "skillet dinner" too!

Tonight I cooked some garlic in butter, then cooked chicken breasts in the butter, once they were cooked I sprinkled some brown sugar on them and covered the lid, and the sugar and butter made a kind of glaze. Then I sauteed some spinach in the same pan.

All pretty good but not garlicy enough for my taste. Next time I maybe will make some smashed spuds too.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lizbigger View Post
Here's my fav... I take the pre-cooked frozen grilled chicken breasts (breaded ones work well too). Then, get Hunt's diced tomatoes with the green pepper, onion and celery in it, the bag of mozzerella cheese and protein enriched angel hair pasta with frozen steamed veggies or side salad.

Heat everything up according to the packages, put the pasta on the plate with the sauce then cheese on top, put the chicken breast on the plate, then sauce and cheese - veggies and it looks like/tastes like you spent a long time on it, but I go from walking in the door to dinner on the table in 20min. : D. Enjoy.
Everything sounds delish- we also have this version of the George Foreman. Just wanted to suggest to any of you trying one out - don't overcook! Most complaints I hear is "it came out dry", because we forget we are cooking both sides at once. Now I'm hungry!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Speedy Chili: 1 can chili beans, 1 can diced Mexican style tomatoes, 1 can drained whole corn. Add spices to taste. You can add cooked ground beef or diced chicken. Cook together about 20 minutes. Serve over corn bread. Top with grated cheese, chopped onions, and diced black olives. I mix a little Italian salad dressing and some salsa for a green salad topped with crushed tortilla chips.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:12 PM

I'm a major crock-potter too... love the ease of the entire process, but but but.. .if I'm really desperate we'll have breakfast for dinner or.. I'll nuke some lg. Idaho spuds, split them down the center, ladel heated canned chili over them, put some low fat sour cream over it, maybe some bacon bits and grate up some of our home smoked cheddar cheese. I grow chives on the kitchen window sil...so they get a quick hair cut and that goes on top too...lol

It's a belly bomb of a meal I'm here to tell you.