Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Need some easy crock pot recipes.

  1. #1
    community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois & Wisconsin
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    33
    Hi! I will be having quite a few guest over in the next few weeks and with this heat I hate to use my oven. Please help me out and share some easy crock pot recipes with me. Thank you so much.

  2. #2
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601

  3. #3
    Super Member moonwork42029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Possum Trot, KY
    Posts
    4,045
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    A year of slow cooking

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Newberg, OR
    Posts
    1,942
    I put a boneless pork shoulder roast in mine for a full 24 hours on low. After that, the meat is easily shredded with a fork. Shred the meat and add BBQ sauce to your taste. Instant pulled pork sandwiches. Just add hamburger buns. It's always a good choice.

  5. #5
    Super Member Pinkiris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,287
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    This link doesn't work. I was hoping to check out the recipes!

    Sue

  6. #6
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Sue, it worked yesterday when I posted. I just tried it and it won't open now. Hmmm--I'll try it again later--sorry, it's really a good site when it opens.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    5 boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 can cream of muchroom soup
    1 jar of salsa

    cook on low for about 5 or 6 hours
    remove breasts when done.

    then take 8 ounce sour cream and mix it with the broth created by the other indredients..mix it up.

    serve over rice, or fork pull the chicken apart and serve on flour tortillas. yummy

    a family favorite.

  8. #8
    community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois & Wisconsin
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    5 boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 can cream of muchroom soup
    1 jar of salsa

    cook on low for about 5 or 6 hours
    remove breasts when done.

    then take 8 ounce sour cream and mix it with the broth created by the other indredients..mix it up.

    serve over rice, or fork pull the chicken apart and serve on flour tortillas. yummy

    a family favorite.
    Thank you. This is exactly what I need. Yolanda

  9. #9
    Senior Member LindaJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724
    YUM will definately try the chicken recipe! Thanks!

  10. #10
    Super Member verna2197's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,587
    I'm getting ready to throw some frozen noodles, chopped carrots & chopped celery into my crockpot with Chicken Stock. Then just add whatever seasonings you prefer and let it cook till noodles are done. I usually do my cooking overnight.

    Almost forgot you can also put some chicken into crockpot too.


    Verna2197

  11. #11
    Super Member Psychomomquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Raleigh,NC
    Posts
    1,926
    Blog Entries
    8
    I just found this one, looked good what I saw

    http://www.recipelion.com/Crock-Pot-Entrees

  12. #12
    Junior Member Walter'sMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cobourg ON Canada / Ft. Myers FL
    Posts
    144
    For potatoes and veggies I cut up carrots and slice potatoes, put in crockpot and add garlic salt - I like quite a bit and cover with a can of mushroom soup spread over top. Cook on low for about 8 hrs - kind of like scalloped potatoes with the veg already added.

    Also do browned pot roast, add sliced carrots, potatoes and onions, some worcestershire sauce, can of golden mushroom soup and red wine. Cook on low for about 8 hours, then remove meat, add some flour mixed with water and cook for about half hour on high to make the gravy - this is really good and whole meal in done.

  13. #13
    Junior Member funcupl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Iowa
    Posts
    292
    Crockpot Chops and Dressing
    1-can pie filling (peach or apple)
    4 porkchops
    StoveTop stuffing (prepared)

    Spray crockpot with Pam.
    Layer pie filling, then chops,
    then stuffing. Cook on high for
    3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours.

    Serve filling over chops.
    Stuffing as a side dish. Enjoy!

    I make this when we go camping while
    we're out at rummage sales. Come home
    to a hot meal.

  14. #14
    Senior Member sarahrachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    671
    At our house, a favorite is chicken, on the bones or not (it will fall of if it is on the bones), potatoes, carrots, celery, cream of chicken soup and seasonings. Put it on low for 10-12 hours and it's delicious.

    But you can throw just about anything in it. There's a recipie for crock pot chicken and dumplings somewhere that's delicious...and the pulled pork is amazing. Chirstmas lunch last year because you could get some whenever you were hungry after my dad grilled steak.

    http://busycooks.about.com/od/chicke...ckendumpli.htm but I suggest putting some of the liquid in a pot and boiling the dumplings that way, our crock pot doesn't bring it to a high boil that fast

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
    Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    5 boneless chicken breasts
    1 pkg taco seasoning
    1 can cream of muchroom soup
    1 jar of salsa

    cook on low for about 5 or 6 hours
    remove breasts when done.

    then take 8 ounce sour cream and mix it with the broth created by the other indredients..mix it up.

    serve over rice, or fork pull the chicken apart and serve on flour tortillas. yummy

    a family favorite.
    Thank you. This is exactly what I need. Yolanda
    i use medium heat salsa...low salt taco seasoning..chicken or beef flavor,what ever i have on hand.

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    193
    If you like rotessori chicken, try this.
    Put a whole chicken with an onion in the cavity and rub the chicken with butter( I use margarine).sprinkle with about a 4th cup of lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper, parsley, and paprika. cook in crockpot on high for 6 hours. The chicken just falls of the bones. I usually make a couple potatoes in the microwave in my potatoe bag, and serve a salad with it. Easy supper.

  17. #17
    community benefactor stitchofclass2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois & Wisconsin
    Posts
    831
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by verna2197
    I'm getting ready to throw some frozen noodles, chopped carrots & chopped celery into my crockpot with Chicken Stock. Then just add whatever seasonings you prefer and let it cook till noodles are done. I usually do my cooking overnight.

    Almost forgot you can also put some chicken into crockpot too.


    Verna2197
    Thank you. How easy is this? Wow! I appreciate your help. Yolanda

  18. #18
    Kallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roseville, California
    Posts
    451
    This is a favorite at our house, though it isn't low in calories.

    Creamy Italian Chicken

    6 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup water
    1 package of Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix

    Put chicken in slow cooker. Cover with seasoning packet and add the water. Cook on low for 3 hours or high for a little less. (You know your cooker and timing).

    Mix one can of Cream of chicken soup, 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened, and one small can of sliced mushrooms. Pour over chicken and let cook 1-2 hours longer 'til all is heated through.

    Serve over noodles.

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallen
    This is a favorite at our house, though it isn't low in calories.

    Creamy Italian Chicken

    6 chicken breasts
    1/4 cup water
    1 package of Good Seasonings Italian dressing mix

    Put chicken in slow cooker. Cover with seasoning packet and add the water. Cook on low for 3 hours or high for a little less. (You know your cooker and timing).

    Mix one can of Cream of chicken soup, 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened, and one small can of sliced mushrooms. Pour over chicken and let cook 1-2 hours longer 'til all is heated through.

    Serve over noodles.
    have you tried the new cooking cream cheese yet? they come in all sorts of flavors.this recipes sounds good!

  20. #20
    Junior Member jmanghamom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    chino valley. az
    Posts
    229
    If you will send me yur address I will mail you a cook book of crock pot rescepies my email is [email protected]

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bloomingdale, GA
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkiris
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    This link doesn't work. I was hoping to check out the recipes!

    Sue
    Didn't work for me either

  22. #22
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

    A year of slow cooking
    the best! :thumbup: i subscribe to her news letter!

  23. #23
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lumby, British Columbia
    Posts
    2,706
    Salt and pepper a thawed roast such as a round roast or chuck. Place it in your crockpot, put the lid on turn your crackpot on to it's highest setting and cook for about 8 hours. You will have plenty of moisture from the meat itself. We also like to add a package of onion soup to this before cooking. With the drippings you can make baron of beef, or thicken the drippings for a flavorful gravy.

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    here is one...sounds awesome. i just happen to have tilapia in the freezer...but don't have the balsamic vinegar! dang!

    never thought of putting fish in the crock pot.

    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2010...er-recipe.html

  25. #25
    Super Member sparkys_mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,366
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher
    I put a boneless pork shoulder roast in mine for a full 24 hours on low. After that, the meat is easily shredded with a fork. Shred the meat and add BBQ sauce to your taste. Instant pulled pork sandwiches. Just add hamburger buns. It's always a good choice.
    Boneless chicken breasts without skin work really well for this, too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.