Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Pressure Cooker >

Pressure Cooker

Pressure Cooker

Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 AM

I have a 6 qt. tall skinny pressure cooker but like the looks of the short squatty ones, what do you have and if you have used both which do you prefer?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118651.jpe  
Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 AM

HMMM, DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, THE PICTURE IS OF MY DAUGHTERS AND MYSELF AND i WANTED IT FOR MY AVITAR....
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM

Okay, now I have done it right.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:39 AM

I actually prefer the taller ones (I have four sizes & use all of them) as some things will bubble up into the vent; but the squattier ones (is that a word?) are invaluable, to me, too.
The taller ones are great for when, for example, your roast is pretty much done, you can put potatoes, corn, etc., on top of it in a steamer basket or just whole and pressure cook them right in the same pot.
The site "missvickie.com" has lots of good info plus recipes.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama
I actually prefer the taller ones (I have four sizes & use all of them) as some things will bubble up into the vent; but the squattier ones (is that a word?) are invaluable, to me, too.
The taller ones are great for when, for example, your roast is pretty much done, you can put potatoes, corn, etc., on top of it in a steamer basket or just whole and pressure cook them right in the same pot.
The site "missvickie.com" has lots of good info plus recipes.
Sooo, I'm good with my tall PC but could also use the short squatty one. I can hear it already, "you already have one why do you need another?" I always have a good answer ready when I know that question is coming. lol Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 PM

I have only really used my Pressure Cooker for cooking Artichokes. Cook up in 10 min. I throw in some garlic and salt with them.
I should try it for more stuff!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:35 AM

Oh my!! I don't know how I missed this thread. I have 3 PCs (of assorted sizes)and use them often. All are stove top.

I most often make pot roast, chicken, pork chops and in a hurry I'll even pressure cook potatoes for mashing.

The other day DH phoned from work and I told him I was making "Pressure Cooker Chicken". He said, "I'll be home as soon as I can." Ha ha ha ha.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:30 AM

I often make "BBQ'd ribs" in my pressure cooker from frozen racks of ribs: just stand them in it like frozen boards, literally, (need at least 1/4 c. water in bottom) and pressure cook about 30-45 minutes. Then transfer them to a crockpot or baking pan, cover all sides with BBQ sauce (pre-warmed if you're in a hurry) and get hot; serve like they'd been cooking all day. Only thing is, I often cook them until the bones slip out so sometimes I just start with the boneless pork 'country style spareribs' to begin with.