Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   need something really good. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/need-something-really-good-t124514.html)

mommafank 05-21-2011 01:31 PM

Hamburger or Hotdog Buns

for 9 rolls

1 egg
7/8 cup milk
4 1/2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 tbsp yeast

Put in order suggested by your bread machine and start on dough cycle.

When dough is ready, remove and divide into 9 pieces. Let set while you grease your baking sheets. For hamburger buns shape into round ball then flatten to form a patty about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. For hotdog buns, roll into 6 inch rope and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet. Brush with a little mild and sprinkle with seeds if you like. Let raise 20 minutes to an hour depending on the temp of kitchen. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Watch closly as they bake fast and get brown fast.

My daughter and I never buy buns now that we discovered this recipe unless it is an emergency.

2manyprojects 05-21-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by girlsfour
If you want a salad I have great recipe. It has romaine, sunflower seeds, mozz cheese, apples, and a sort of poppy seed dressing. Really easy to make. Let me know.

yum, sounds good, will you post or pm me with it?
THX!

violets4me123 05-22-2011 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Hamburger or Hotdog Buns

for 9 rolls

1 egg
7/8 cup milk
4 1/2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 tbsp yeast

When dough is ready, remove and divide into 9 pieces. Let set while you grease your baking sheets. For hamburger buns shape into round ball then flatten to form a patty about 3 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. For hotdog buns, roll into 6 inch rope and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet. Brush with a little mild and sprinkle with seeds if you like. Let raise 20 minutes to an hour depending on the temp of kitchen. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Watch closly as they bake fast and get brown fast.

My daughter and I never buy buns now that we discovered this recipe unless it is an emergency.

I have a bread machine, but it can only take 1 1/3 cups of flour. What brand of bread machine do you use? I have been wanting to purchase a bread machine to bake bigger loaves of bread. Any suggestions? Thank you, violets4me123.

mommafank 05-22-2011 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by violets4me123

Originally Posted by mommafank
Hamburger or Hotdog Buns

for 9 rolls

1 egg
7/8 cup milk
4 1/2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups bread flour
1 tbsp yeast

I have a bread machine, but it can only take 1 1/3 cups of flour. What brand of bread machine do you use? I have been wanting to purchase a bread machine to bake bigger loaves of bread. Any suggestions? Thank you, violets4me123.

It is a Breadman machine,

violets4me123 05-22-2011 10:38 AM

Thank you! Will be looking at them soon. thanks again.