Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork >

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Old 05-10-2016, 06:31 AM

I have one that calls for ginger ale and onions... Then after you shred pork after so many hours, you douse it with your favorite BBQ sauce. Takes about 10 hours. Food.com
Old 05-10-2016, 07:00 AM

I have tried the soda recipe before it is delicious. The broth and B-B- sauce one works great as well. I buy the bone in pork butt roast for the best flavor and how moist the meat is after cooking. I slow roast mine in a 300 degree oven for about 4 hours or until it falls apart. Then I remove the fat, any gristle and the bone, place it in a dutch oven with B-B-sauce and return to the oven for about a 1/2 hour. Since we are watching our fat intake roasting allows the fat to drain off instead of wallowing in it....lol...while cooking.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
I have tried the soda recipe before it is delicious. The broth and B-B- sauce one works great as well. I buy the bone in pork butt roast for the best flavor and how moist the meat is after cooking. I slow roast mine in a 300 degree oven for about 4 hours or until it falls apart. Then I remove the fat, any gristle and the bone, place it in a dutch oven with B-B-sauce and return to the oven for about a 1/2 hour. Since we are watching our fat intake roasting allows the fat to drain off instead of wallowing in it....lol...while cooking.
Hello Chasing Hawk, What type of pan do you use and do you cover the roast while cooking. All of these recipes sound so yummy! Thanks!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:54 PM

I just got done cooking up 11 pork butt roasts for a family get together later this summer. I used plain old beer.After they cooled I vacuum packed them and put them in the freezer till the family gets here. I'm hoping 50lbs of meat will be enough.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:16 PM

I do a 3 ingredient pulled pork in my slow cooker. Use any cut of pork desired (I use whatever is on sale). 1 large bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ sauce. 1/2-1 cup honey. I brown/sear the meat first and then put into cooker. Mix the BBQ sauce and honey together and pour over meat. Cook for 4-5 hours or until meat shreds easily between 2 forks. Serve over rice, noodles or on sandwich rolls. (Note: I use the honey to "cut" the spice in the BBQ sauce. DH is very, very sensitive to pepper of any kind, and without using the honey, he cannot eat BBQ sauce).