Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
snow is coming what's in the crock pot >

snow is coming what's in the crock pot

snow is coming what's in the crock pot

Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM

PlainPat - it was lovely. There is very little left over which is an indication that it "hit the spot". However, I really wanted to go to sleep afterwards, but instead had to go out to Guides (Girl Scouts) and run around the woods in the dark with a torch for an hour and a half. Having said that, dinner did set me up well for that, and I was warm all evening!

Tomorrow is Pheasant Pie. Dinner is at 6pm. You are welcome, but you have to bring your own plate!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Never had pheasant pie....my DH would trample me getting to that.Colcannon sounds yummy.I love mashed potatoes any ole way.Thanks for the invite,but I'm a few miles across the pond.LOL at being out in the woods with scouts.One of mine loved it, the other never went.Almost time to get my pork roast out of the oven.Have a nice eve.

Originally Posted by bigbrownowl View Post
PlainPat - it was lovely. There is very little left over which is an indication that it "hit the spot". However, I really wanted to go to sleep afterwards, but instead had to go out to Guides (Girl Scouts) and run around the woods in the dark with a torch for an hour and a half. Having said that, dinner did set me up well for that, and I was warm all evening!

Tomorrow is Pheasant Pie. Dinner is at 6pm. You are welcome, but you have to bring your own plate!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:21 PM
jkd

I too have Chicken Tortilla soup in the pot! Love it!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:33 AM

French Dip Au Jus

Beef rump roast on sale this week, add one rump, one box of beef broth, two clove garlic, pepper and sliced raw onion. cook on low 8 hours. remove onion, strain and reserve juice (i use one of those nylon reusable coffee filters to strain my broths). Slice beef across grain, place on toasted bun and serve juice in bowl on side.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by GGJudy View Post
Crock Pot recipe for Dogs -- and it's whats in the crock pot right now!

Because I know many of you have dogs, and because I cook for my 20 lb pug (because most dog food is terrible) - here is my recipe for home cooked crock pot dog food.

I take split chicken breasts (about four large) and put them in crock pot. I fill the crockpot with water and cook on low for 24 hours. I then take a potato masher and mash the chicken breasts into little pieces. The bones will mash also after having been cooked for 24 hours. (weight bearing bones will not mash up - such as leg and thigh bones so these are not good to use)

I then add 1 heaping cup of sojos original (wheat and grain free along with vitamins), a heaping cup of Honest Kitchens Preference (dehydrated vegetables and fruits along with vitamins) and one cup of brown rice. I continue cooking till rice is done and water has been absorbed.

When cooled, I mix thoroughly and scoop out of crock pot in serving sizes and put in snack sized zip lock baggies to freeze.

I then add this to a little high end kibble (Canidae)and our little pug just loves it (and it's so good for her too!!)
We have 8 pugs and I would love to cook for them but don't even cook for us much anymore. Maybe when I retire. This sounds yuumy though. Where do you find the Sojo and Honest Kitchen Preference stuff?
Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 AM

Gonna love this one, many thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
Just said a prayer for you, your family and Brother...don't know names but the One who does is the One who'll hear those prayers.

May The Bless and Keep You Safe...
Just prayed for you and your family. As onaemtnest said, "...don't know names, but the One who does is the One who'll hear those prayers."
Old 11-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Banned

herb meatballs in pale ale and rice/peas, in aga not crockpot. very warming and tasty.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:34 AM

Oooh nice, Mayday. I do miss my Aga on cold days. We are looking for a new house at the moment, and an Aga Friendly kitchen is on my wish list! Hope you enjoy your meatballs.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:21 PM

I made this slow cooker pork roast for a family gathering and one sister said this is "restaurant good". Got raves from everyone - so I hope you enjoy.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast - serves 8
1 c cranberries, chopped, 1/4 c dried apricots, quartered, 1/2 tsp orange zest, 1/4 c orange juice, 1/3 c shallot or onion, chopped, 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tsp dried mustard, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated, 2# boneless pork loin roast
In 4 qt or larger slow cooker, combine all but pork and mix. Add pork roast and spoon sauce on top. Cover & cook on low for 7-9 hours or until fok tender. Remove roast and if serving sliced, let set 10 min. & serve w/sauce. If shredding, pull apart with 2 forks and return to sauce.