Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weight Watchers??

I lost 75 pounds and have kept it off, count your points and excersize if you are able, don't deny yourself either....my neighbor is doing WW, they were talking about the YONANA at one of her meetings so she bought one and the deserts are tasty and some are zero points!

Write everything down that you put in your mouth. Just work on 5 pounds at a time and do not get discouraged.
    Weight Watchers is wonderful and it is so easy now with the Points Plus system. Read labels and portions and you will do well. Good Luck

Thanks for all of the great thougths and good advice. Tomorrow starts week #3 for me...I'm down nine pounds..I know its quick to lose at first. It amazes me everytime I weigh on Sundays, I've lost a food point on my daily total..I guess I wont lose if I didnt tho. I really need to kick it in the .... and start walking or doing something. I think of all things, this has shown me how much food I'd put in my mouth without even thinking about it. We are raising my 3 year old grand daughter and I know I'd pick off of her plate every nite I would clean off the table..and actually WHY????? No food value...probably wasnt even tasty..I realized this the first nite was I was going to eat a cold grilled cheese..YUK!! lol

As it sounds from people who have replied to you post, many of us have went to WW, many more than once and many who have been successful but eventually put the weight back on.

I after being frustrated with my weight, found overeaters anonymous. It is a 12-step group that deals with weight. (pm is anyone is interested in hearing more)

Part of that that I currently do and will help you with WW has to do with recording your food. When I did WW I would start out writing down my meals, adding up points, etc. I never made it too long before I would have eaten all my points far before the day was done. I suggest writing down your food the day before or morning of the current day. Make sure you go by that. You know exactly what food you have in the house and what you are eating each meal - no guesswork.

Good luck!

Meg

Blog Entries
    Wow!!! have been reading all the threads, all I want to lose is 5 or 10 pounds I did look up the 17 day diet...here is my two cent...any diet that does not allow you to eat from all three food group is just a quick fix..saying that what if you started out on the 17 day diet to jump start you and then go on WW.. I like WW because fruits and vegs are all zero point... If after 2pm (who's idea was that, what happen at 2pm you turn into a pumpkin or something) you can't have fruit something is not right!!!think about it....eat healthy all the time and once in a while you can have a mac attack!! you know on WW you can have your Mickey D and eat it to.... 11 points for a happy meal and you get fruit will it...please don't kill me.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiltlove View Post
    I am a life time member of WW. I get to goal weight than stop going, get to goal weight and stop going, etc. Now I have asked myself honestly what is wrong with weight watchers that I can't seem to stay committed. Here is my answer..
    1....I hear the same things each and every meeting
    2....It is very hard on the purse each week
    3....I hate to count points and keep records of what I eat/how much I exercise/how I feel at any given part of the day
    4....They do not suggest what to eat only how much and provide recipes for purchase

That being said..... I have started the "17 Day Diet Program" I really like this program because there is no record keeping, no group meetings where you hear the same thing over and over, no extra costs and they tell you exactly what to eat. I eat from my list, I use their recipes (which are very tasty by the way) and I am losing weight. Nothing to calculate or remember. There is something to remember....You can't eat fruit past 2pm and you must drink 8 8 ounce glasses of water.

Try it you will like it. Oh, and I am not affiliated with this company in any way.
    Where do you find the info about the 17 day diet ??

Blog Entries
    My suggestion for recipes is to go to "Hungary Girl" website and sign up for their daily blog. They have wonderful recipes!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

I am a great believer in Weight Watchers, but must confess, I Yo Yo, lots. Now, my doctors have instructed me to go back on. What I have done is to make up several days menues, keep them in a binder, and when planning meals, go to that binder and pick out what we will eat that day. Makes shopping much easier and I don't have to do too much wondering what to have. Also, my heart doctor suggested that I either get a book, or a DVD titled "You on a Diet". Dr. Oz is one of the doctor's
    involved. I purchased it on line from Amazon. My doctor's said Weight Watcher's is not a diet, it's a way of life and they say it's by far the most sensible plan out there. Good luck.
    Gigi

I started WW in January and have lost 11 pounds. I only have to loose 4 more for my goal, but it is not coming off. Maybe it's because I have not gone to a meeting in a month or tracked my food on line for that time also. I keep thinking with the warm weather I will do better. My daughter lost about 35 pounds 2 years ago and she is still doing great. She works out every day which helps keep it off. I also get emails from Hungry Girl and another site called Skinnytaste or something like that. Dr. Oz recommended taking a supplement of Raspberry Ketones. I have been taking it for a couple of months and I think I have actually lost inches. Most of my pants and shorts are big on me and some are a size 6. Maybe I should start taking my measurements instead of weighing myself. Good luck and I hope you choose WW as the way to go, it really is the best plan out there when you follow it the right way. Oh, I forgot about the app for your phone. I don't have one, but my husband has a Droid and we downloaded WW into it and I can hold it over the squiggly thing or on the bar code and it will calculate the points from what ever it is like crackers, pasta, bread, etc.
    Gigi to Jordan and Jake

Tatavw01....The "17 day Diet" indeed does include all 3 food groups. It is not a quick fix. I really don't know where you are getting this information.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

BMP.....You can read a few of the introductory pages on Amazon.com. I just purchased the book and went from there. Good luck.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Went back to WW in January, lost 10 pounds so far and 5 more to go, the program is great. But be careful with the fruits. We don't count them on the new program therefore I overdid it and it showed on the scale. So I eat only 1/2 of a banana a day now instead of 2. When I'm hungry I go for the veggie soup which I have in the fridge all the time, I even eat one at night to cut my nimbling habit.
    One secret is to write everything you bring into your mouth every day.
    Don't quit, good luck and take one day at a time
    Bourvel

If you just remember that you must change your eating habits. It's not a DIET per se it's teaching you how to eat healthy and portion control. You can have almost anything you like but in moderation. The new point system is great and it's the only program that you can do for a lifetime. That said, I must confess that I have not always followed what I know is right, but each time I fall off the wagon and gain, I jump right back on.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

DIET = Did I Eat That?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

That was a great one QuiteE...I'm going to put that on my refridg. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by melhuff View Post
    That was a great one QuiteE...I'm going to put that on my refridg. LOL
    You're welcome ... I like it better than the old saying ......

It's not a Diet .... it's a Live-It!
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2