Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to do with egg yokes???

My mother used this recipe especially if she make an angel food cake to use up egg yolks. This is a very old recipe so if you use a strong mixer you may not need to beat it as long as it says. I also have one that uses only 6 egg yolks - PM me if you want that one also.

Yellow Angel Food

11 large egg yolks
    1/2 cup ice water
    1 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla or other flavoring
    1 1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1. Beat egg yolks and ice water for 15 minutes

2. While they are beating sift dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and cream of tartar) 5 times.

3. When yolks are beaten add sugar 1 tsp at a time.

4. Add flavoring.

5. Add the flour a small amount at a time.

6. Place in an angel food cake pan.

7. Bake at 350 degrees 45 minute to an hour or until a tester comes out clean.

8. Cool as for an angel food cake.
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    I go with 2 many projects for the noodles. They are sooooooo handy to have in the freezer, and don't take long to make. I have an original Amish Noodle recipe is anyone wants it. They are delicious!!Mariah
    I would love your recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    I go with 2 many projects for the noodles. They are sooooooo handy to have in the freezer, and don't take long to make. I have an original Amish Noodle recipe is anyone wants it. They are delicious!!Mariah
    Mariah, I would love the Amish Noodle recipe. I have made noodles but I do not have any kind of recipe - just how my mother made them. Thanks
    Carol

I am getting so hungry reading this thread!

this was posted a few months back , but I've just had surgery and looking around here on the QB, if you like lemon pudding , here's a great fast recipe , makes a great pie 1 c. sugar, 1/4 c cornstarch, 1 1/2 c cold water , 3 egg yolks, 1/4 c. lemon juice . , 1 T. butter in medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients except egg yolks and lemon juice and butter , get in creamy , and smooth, then add egg yolks , blend well , boil 1 minute. then add lemon juice and butter , filled pie shell , and enjoy , great for a cold evening dessert too. hope you enjoy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2