Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where did it go???

Where did it go???

We don't use many packaged food items but one we enjoy now and then is the Original Kraft macaroni and cheese in the small blue box. I have not been able to find this original version recently. It has the straight macaroni noodles, not the usual curved elbow type. Can someone enlighten me if another version is really the same product but now using the curved noodles? Many thanks!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-06-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps

Blog Entries
    me too in Texas. missing in action I guess.

Power Poster
    I saw an ad quite a while ago (maybe last year?) that said that they are now removing the food coloring from the cheese and making it "better"

Blog Entries
    We have it at WalMart in Kentucky.
    Last edited by Aurora; 10-07-2018 at 05:13 AM.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Try Annie's Mac and Cheese. It is the best box mac and cheese I have ate. I don't buy Kraft anymore.
    deliberately under-educated

I too love the original Kraft Mac and cheese. Our Walmart has it. I have three or four boxes on hand. I like it much better than the shells and cheese.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    they have them at Dollar store . Maryland

I found some in our little hometown grocery store, and the coloring has been removed from the cheese sauce.

Thanks so much everyone! I found it at our local Walmart this morning.

Try Annie's in the mean time. It's organic and has none of the artificial preservatives and crap... plus it tastes great. Bet you won't go back to Kraft!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
    We don't use many packaged food items but one we enjoy now and then is the Original Kraft macaroni and cheese in the small blue box. I have not been able to find this original version recently. It has the straight macaroni noodles, not the usual curved elbow type. Can someone enlighten me if another version is really the same product but now using the curved noodles? Many thanks!
    The Kraft Brand is the only boxed Mac & Cheese I'll buy. I've tried some of the "new" ones but they are greatly lacking in flavor. It seems a lot of my "favorites" are disappearing too. My "Del Monte Sweet Pickle Relish" is missing in action too. I think the food police are pushing an agenda on what we can eat...
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

Blog Entries
    Give Cracker Barrel mac and cheese a try, it's a little more expensive than Kraft, but we like it much better. There are several different cheese flavors.

Yes, our grocery store chain remodel ordeal is taking many things we like off the shelf. They took off Kraft deli Deluxe Sharp Cheddar cheese, 12 slices, not wrapped individually in a 8 oz package off the list. Have not found it anywhere else. Claimed I was the last one to buy it a month before, but I always bought all they had on the shelf!...when I had the money, usually the first of every month. My dh loved the original Mac 'n cheese, but has to cut down on it with his diabetics condition and it runs up his blood sugars.

It is a shame that the locally owned Hy Vee store has been in my hometown for years and years and now they are confusing all the hometown shoppers by moving things around, crowding up everything, and dropping many of our community favorites. They have dug up their parking lot (80%) to put in a new 'gas' station, remodeled the restrooms to be much smaller, their restaurant is being completely remodeled, laying off workers and rumored to be putting in automated cashiers to check out customers. And yes, we all are now shopping at our other two choices in my hometown. Yep, they have a new manager moving things forward...but not realizing how much they are losing daily.

Power Poster
    "change" does not always equal "improvement"

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
    "change" does not always equal "improvement"
    Amen to that statement!

I'm not a fan of new and improved when it comes to foods I like but really Annies Mac and Cheese is very good. It doesn't make as much as Kraft in the box but tastes wonderful. I like the white cheddar one too\. All of Annie's products taste great.

I share your frustration with favored products disappearing! I always make mac 'n cheese from scratch, though.

I was in Walmart yesterday so I looked for the Kraft straight noodle box and there was a lot on the shelf. I also was in Harp's Grocery and they had the boxes too. At Walmart the boxes were in too different aisles. One where you think it would be and the other on the bulk family size package aisle. I think there were six boxes in one package.

Blog Entries
    Hubby and I like Homemade Mac & Cheese,,, LavenderBlue, I'm happy you found the Mac & Cheese you were looking for,,,Blessings

Walmart is changing things around and dropping some items I want to buy. We will be shopping at other stores. For most other things I love Walmart and prices.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.