Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Zuchinnie Fries >

Zuchinnie Fries

Zuchinnie Fries

Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 AM

Love all these ideas! zuchini is abundant and healthy. I'm looking to try out the fritters and patties very soon. Thanks for the recipes.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Oh my....these are so good. The four zucchini bushes are going wild with 2 days of 80 degrees weather. (the temps in NW Washington have been in the 60's so, yes we are a bit wimpy at higher temps.) This recipe is perfect for those zukes that suddenly are larger than baseball bats. I used one of those overgrown monsters last night and DH was hoping I would make more after he inhaled a large cookie sheet of the "fries". I used a whole egg instead of just whites - worked fine. Remember to season with the salt, pepper and especially the garlic powder or the "fries" are bland. Next time I'll use seasoned salt for an extra flavor boost.
Marilyn
Sequim, WA
Old 09-12-2012, 12:32 AM

I have one of those fry cutter things.. where you put in the veggie and press down and it shoots out nice fat uniform fries.. and I had never seen fried zucchini before but suddenly had a craving that plagued me for weeks.. so I looked up a recipe.. well.. a basically how to.. mainly for cook time cause i know how to bread stuff.. I had some garlic herb bread crumbs so I used that and dipped in ranch and i am sooo in love with eating those!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:12 AM

I'm with you! Whole egg and Italian or seasoned bread crumbs. My poor mom spent a long time frying these as slices, but with 6 kids they were eaten as soon as they came out of the pan- rarely made it to the platter! Using the oven is a lot healthier, and much less mess. I make eggplant rounds the same way.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

lately i've been unable to even find zucchinni in my store! believe me, i've been looking. perhaps it's time to change stores.