Newbies challenge

Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
Yes I am wanting to start a quilt that is called Baltimore Bliss and its pp. I have a baby quilt to make before I get started on my quilt. Nita
Are you sure? do you have a link to a picture of the quilt? I googled this and it looks like it's an applique pattern (a very pretty one, but not paper pieced) -Wendy
Old 05-27-2010, 03:22 PM

Hi Wendy, No I don't have a link to this pattern, a friend gave me the pattern and she told me it was pp or could be done by applique, so I really didn't know which one it was. But I do have a pattern thats called Native Spirt, that I found on Forest Quilting.com a while back. Nita
Old 05-30-2010, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Who is considered a "Newbie" vs a 'veteran"?

I've been quilting only since last August (09), but sort of skipped the beginner quilt stage (from what others tell me), but feel I have so much to learn, while at the same time I've been 'teaching' others that are truly brand new to quilting and have never done it, or are stuck.

What I have learned or been taught is via a co-worker and here on the board.

Or am I one that is 'stuck in the middle"?
I've been quilting longer than you have... Heck, I started in May of the same year...'09
I need the answer to that question too. You and I could probably help each other if you'd like.
My loving wife has been quilting for about 15 years and I'M teaching HER paper piecing and machine applique.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dingle
I'm thinking someone may want a new Daddy also. (Hey, Guys, where are you?) :lol:
HERE I am. How can I help? Or be a daddy?????
Old 06-01-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Who is considered a "Newbie" vs a 'veteran"?

I've been quilting only since last August (09), but sort of skipped the beginner quilt stage (from what others tell me), but feel I have so much to learn, while at the same time I've been 'teaching' others that are truly brand new to quilting and have never done it, or are stuck.

What I have learned or been taught is via a co-worker and here on the board.

I started quilting the same month and year! I sort of skipped the newbie stage too, but not purposely. I tried making an attics window and when I showed it to my friend at the quilt shop she said, "Oh, I see you didn't use the easy method." HA! If I had known there was an easier method, I would've used it, lol.

Or am I one that is 'stuck in the middle"?
Old 06-01-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
I love this idea! I'm a newbie and would love to be adopted :) I'm still struggling with working out the kinks in my new machine (Janome 6600P) to be able to quilt well on it!
I've sewn on the 6600 but have a 6500 myself. There's not much difference in the two if you need any help.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Hello I'm new ro this group if ya want to help me with any projects or whatnot I have, send me a line...happy quilting
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

Hello Quilters
I'm a newbie and would love some helpers from any fellow quilters....happy quilting...
Old 06-01-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by loves2sew
Hello Quilters
I'm a newbie and would love some helpers from any fellow quilters....happy quilting...
you can send anyone a Private Message and connect that way. I have found lots and lots of good tips just be looking at the photos posted and the tutorials are great! Send me a PM if you have any specific questions. I'm kind of new too, but I would love to help you any way I can.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 AM

OK I'm looking to adopt. Been quilting for 8 years now But I'm still learning too.So maybe they will adopt me too And we can teach each other.