Newbies challenge

Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 AM

I live in Derry, PA
Old 09-03-2010, 09:57 AM

I am a true newbie, never made a quilt, big ideas, lots of tools and notions, books but no mentor, or close friend in town that quilts with the preciseness I hope to have. I jump in with both feet, I've been collecting fabric for the Quilts for Kids project, so that once I get going, I'll be able to whip out several quickly! I am a fast learner, can use chat, texting or just email to make contact. I have a new, Brother SE270D Disney Embroidery sewing machine, and I've only hemmed my hubby's jeans on it so far.

I have one girlfriend who has been quilting for awhile, but from what I've seen, she throws them together in my opinion, rather sloppily, and I don't want mine to look that way. I'm a perfectionist, and want my first and all following quilts to be works of art. I do not have any interest in paper piecing. I have plenty of thread, patterns and rules, just need someone to call on when I need a hand with things, I'd really love to find someone in San Diego, that I can actually get to know on a personal level if there is anyone in the central Serra Mesa, Kearny Mesa, Clairemont or Tierrasanta area.

Yes, I need a Mommy, as mine died a long long time ago...
Please help!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by KrystalynnLight
I am a true newbie, never made a quilt, big ideas, lots of tools and notions, books but no mentor, or close friend in town that quilts with the preciseness I hope to have. I jump in with both feet, I've been collecting fabric for the Quilts for Kids project, so that once I get going, I'll be able to whip out several quickly! I am a fast learner, can use chat, texting or just email to make contact. I have a new, Brother SE270D Disney Embroidery sewing machine, and I've only hemmed my hubby's jeans on it so far.

I have one girlfriend who has been quilting for awhile, but from what I've seen, she throws them together in my opinion, rather sloppily, and I don't want mine to look that way. I'm a perfectionist, and want my first and all following quilts to be works of art. I do not have any interest in paper piecing. I have plenty of thread, patterns and rules, just need someone to call on when I need a hand with things, I'd really love to find someone in San Diego, that I can actually get to know on a personal level if there is anyone in the central Serra Mesa, Kearny Mesa, Clairemont or Tierrasanta area.

Yes, I need a Mommy, as mine died a long long time ago...
Please help!
Sent you a PM....Patt
Old 09-04-2010, 11:05 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Me too, Me Too!! Id like a new mommy too!!!

(Southern MO here.. )
Old 09-06-2010, 05:36 AM

I am looking for another to encourage and share my information with. I am not a professional, but plod along..........I do PP, ME, garments, quilts, wall hanging, table toppers. I was in a major Asian chapter, but that has wained somewhat. I also make iris folded cards, some jewerly, and dabble a little with clay. One of my biggest downfalls is............I don't finish everything.......many UFO"s............PM me if you want to get on my boat................I'm a summer girl............calla/Sue
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-112339.jpe
Views:	107
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	112344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-112340.jpe
Views:	105
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	112345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-112341.jpe
Views:	113
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	112346  
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 AM

I'm still looking for a Mommy. I haven't made anything yet, but bought a jelly roll and have sewn together some triple strips ready to cut into squares , or not as the case may be. I'm just a big scardy cat. I have a Janome 2032.
Heeeeeeeeelp
Joan
Old 09-06-2010, 06:20 AM

Forgot to say any mommy thinking of taking me on needs bucket loads of patience and a good sense of humour.
Joan
Old 09-06-2010, 08:35 AM

I volunteered to mentor someone, but they never replied. Still available in NJ
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 AM

Me too! I am available to help someone. I have a Janome 6660P which I absolutely adore. I do very little handwork or paper piecing. So a twist...if you would like to be adopted, please PM me. I promise to be patient, respond quickly and creative! I believe we can learn from each other. Waiting patiently by the computer! PATT
Old 09-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Adopt me too! I am not a beginner but I am unable to finish my own projects. I hand quilt for a living, and I finish them but get distracted and off track of my own work. Nudges seriously needed.