Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-07-2010, 04:54 PM

I've been watching this forum since it started but was hesitant about signing up because I don't post often. I'm just not a chatty person. But, I need to lose the remaining 25 lbs and I need some serious encouragement along the way.

I'm having a hard time with this diet thing and food restrictions. I used to be one of those everyone hated because I was always so skinny and I could eat anything I wanted. Well, between menopause and a job change where I didn't move around any more, the weight just piled on.

From January to July I had lost 30 lbs and dropped my cholesterol from 284 to 234 which made my doctor very happy. He didn't have to put me on cholesterol medicine yet.

My problem is I started feeling deprived. I was also sick with one thing or another these last few months and my Classic Coke consumption went back up because I couldn't deal with it and being sick at the same time. I have to get that back under control too. Actually, that's most of my problem.

Thankfully I do zumba 3 nights a week and I'm sure that has kept me from putting back on those 30 lbs.

Tomorrow I'm back on track.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I found a possible pattern, but it has too many blocks. I don't have 49 pounds to lose. Maybe I can add pounds and inches to boost the number. I found a FQ with my colors. When I looked for the bolt, it wasn't available as yardage at this shop. Gah-h-h. Ah, well, I need to lose some pounds before I invest some pricey fabric. I have two rooms full of fabric as it is, but it isn't all for quilting.

Note to self: No fabric purchases until 5 pounds are gone.

Do most of you weigh in once a week?
I do my "official" weigh in Monday morning. Not ideal since the week ends are bad but it all evens out. I do however step on the scale almost everyday just to give me incentive.

My walking partners (2 dogs) are waiting me. Have a good evening.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Welcome LaurieE. As you can tell we do try to support each other here tho sometimes we just chat that's what makes it fun.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Power Poster

Where is thelondonzoo? Have I just been missing your posts? Christina I hope your alright.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Where is thelondonzoo? Have I just been missing your posts? Christina I hope your alright.
I was thinking the same thing earlier, she was starting her new meds hope there wasn't a problem.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 PM

What is Zumba? I, too, am struggling trying to lose the last 20 pounds. I have lost 20 but have 'plateaued' big time!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I was thinking the same thing earlier, she was starting her new meds hope there wasn't a problem.
Thank you! Hopefully everything ok.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I've been watching this forum since it started but was hesitant about signing up because I don't post often. I'm just not a chatty person. But, I need to lose the remaining 25 lbs and I need some serious encouragement along the way.

I'm having a hard time with this diet thing and food restrictions. I used to be one of those everyone hated because I was always so skinny and I could eat anything I wanted. Well, between menopause and a job change where I didn't move around any more, the weight just piled on.

From January to July I had lost 30 lbs and dropped my cholesterol from 284 to 234 which made my doctor very happy. He didn't have to put me on cholesterol medicine yet.

My problem is I started feeling deprived. I was also sick with one thing or another these last few months and my Classic Coke consumption went back up because I couldn't deal with it and being sick at the same time. I have to get that back under control too. Actually, that's most of my problem.

Thankfully I do zumba 3 nights a week and I'm sure that has kept me from putting back on those 30 lbs.

Tomorrow I'm back on track.
I started packing on the pounds after I was diagnosed with celiac. Because I had to give up all my favorite foods, I overindulged myself with junk (m&ms and pepsi). Then as I healed my body was all of sudden able to actually absorb food, and therefore calories. So I got a double whammy. For myself I know if I decide to eliminate something from my diet completely I begin to crave it all the time. But if I just try to cut back I do much better.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 AM

For myself I know if I decide to eliminate something from my diet completely I begin to crave it all the time. But if I just try to cut back I do much better.
I am the same way. And I find that if I don't satisify that craving, I will eat everything in the cupboard trying to. If I crave ice cream, it is just as well for me to go out and buy a dixie cup - otherwise, I will eat crackers, cheese, bread, or anything else that I can find, all of which make it worse.

Isn't it funny how we never crave brocolli?? ;)
Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge

Isn't it funny how we never crave brocolli?? ;)
Speak for yourself............I do crave broccoli......cream of broccoli soup or broccoli with cheese sauce or steamed with some lemon juice. I don't crave crap that is what is so strange. The most crap I crave is butter slathered on bread. I usually make bread and have it multi grain, no chemicals so it is healthy. I always feel hungry. Not that I want something to eat, I mean stomach grawling, headache starting , nausua starving. That is every hour to an hour and a half.