Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 AM

Just send those sons to any quilt shop, the clerks will take care of their shopping. My youngest gave me FQs of a new line a few years ago, plus some neat gifty sewing items, from a quilt shop in Phoenix. Great surprise from him, and he was so pleased to see my happy face.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 AM

I always have trouble with this question every year. I am bad about just going and getting what I want (within reason) so I never have an answer for my children, UNTIL this year. I told mo oldest daughter to just put money in my pay pal account and then I can get what I want and everyone will be happy.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Any small item will give Joy to the giver.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM

If they are young enough my mom always wanted something homemade...she treasured the gifts, and after awhile, they got REAL creative from us! :-D
If they are older I'd say a gift card to your favorite shopping place! May not seem personal enough, but I love them! Can get exactly what you want, and real easy for them. Getting together will be the real gift.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 AM

I want what I had for Thanksgiving All My Children ,Grandchildren and Great Grandson to all be together for me at one time That is more precious to me than anything in the world

I want what I had for Thanksgiving All My Children ,Grandchildren and Great Grandson to all be together for me at one time That is more precious to me than anything in the world

Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 AM

I've got a whole wish list of quilting books on Amazon... now if someone would just ask me what I want, I'd be all set! :wink:
Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 AM

With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:15 AM

This is how I solved the problem of having to tell my family what I want….. It covers Birthday Anniversary Mothers Day etc.
I have a list on the fridge that has a WANT and a NEED column. I put what I want and what I need on it and then everyone has a choice of what to get me and I don’t need to say a word. I just cross out what ever I get that was on the list and add when I need too.