Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 11-29-2010, 07:00 PM

As far as a gift idea,I would say a gift card or do what I do I tell my family my favorite fabric line and if they get me anything from that collection I will be very happy and the ladies at the LQS know my family and they know what I like and will be glad to help.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:01 PM

Thank you Mary, but, she lives a long way from us . She's in Iowa and the other kids are spread all over to my s. kids. We will bring mom home for Christmas Day but she goes back before midnight or she (LOL) turns into a pumpkin the nurses said. She's in a really nice home. whoops sounds like our family too, Sorry I answered for you
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM

MaryM , You are welcome to come here. Just give me a call and let me know if you can come.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mary M
With hubby gone now, it won't feel like Christmas. My daughter is having a huge crowd fom her husbands side and although she said I could come, I think I would feel out of place but that is okay because we did spend Thanksgiving together. I plan on giving and won't be concerned about getting for that is what Christmas means to me. There are a lot of kids out there who need a quilt to keep them warm and pajamas too. I feel good about giving I just don't like the shopping part. I pray that all children will have a warm and loving place al through the year.
Mary M, if you really don't feel comfortable going to your dd house, then don't go, but don't be alone for Christmas. I have been trough this twice & holidays alone are horrible. I am sure you know some of your dd's in-laws, so please try to go. Some of our (late husband & me)best Christmases were spent and step sons house with his family and ddil's family. I didn't know them well, but soon learned to love them as the family they are.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My kids are asking me what I'd like for a gift this year. I'm a mom so I say kitchen help and a hug are all I want. This gets an eye roll every year. ( I tell them that's my present watching the eye rolls). I'd like to know what you are asking for that can be wrapped. :lol:
I know that I could name specific items that I want/need from JoAnn's but if the kids bought me a gift card, I could wait until the items go on sale and use the gift card wisely.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:59 PM

i dont really ask for anything ( i do that all year long) i like to be surprised on Christmas Day , i guess that is the kid part still in me
Old 11-29-2010, 09:04 PM

I told DD "Don't shop for me, give to my favorite charity." But she's going to send the check to me, giftwrapped, and let me deliver it!
Have you seen anything in a quilt catalog that tickles your interest? Leave it open to that page as a hint.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:13 PM

I am a single parent and always thought it was important to teach my child to give. We used to go to a store, I'd pick out three things I really liked, bring them to the counter, then walk away while she decided which one would be the perfect gift for me. The salesladies loved it and it would be wrapped up, then I would pay for it. It was always a suprise when I opened it on Christmas morning and she was thrilled that she could suprise me! She is now 25 yrs. old and buys me great stuff, like a gc to Joann's!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:33 PM

All I have ever wanted for Christmas is for my kids and grandkids to come home. This year again my son-in-law is in a war in another country so it would be extra special if he could be here to watch his kids open what Santa brings them. We have a big pot of chili and a big pot of patoto soup for dinner and just visit. That's the best there is.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM

[quote=Born2Sew]I opted for a "chinese" Christmas this year just so we could have more fun and not be stressed trying to figure out what to get everyone. I thought it would give the kids more money to spend on themselves and their families too.

What is a "chinese" Christmas?