Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:55 PM

When my now 40 year old son was 3, I was pregnant with my older daughter. I was always generously endowed, and pregnancy made it much more obvious. The buttons on my favorite blouse popped open under the strain. My sweet little boy happened to look over at just the right time. He innocently asked me what those things were for? So I told him the truth, that when the baby was born they would make milk for the baby to eat. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, " Awwww...C'mon! Tell me the truth!"

Then there was the time he wanted me to buy him something. I told him I didn't have the money to buy it because I really didn't have the money. He thought about that for a minute, and then replied, "Well, take Grammy's purse. She has money!"

I could go on and on...
Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
When my now 40 year old son was 3, I was pregnant with my older daughter. I was always generously endowed, and pregnancy made it much more obvious. The buttons on my favorite blouse popped open under the strain. My sweet little boy happened to look over at just the right time. He innocently asked me what those things were for? So I told him the truth, that when the baby was born they would make milk for the baby to eat. He looked at me like I was crazy and said, " Awwww...C'mon! Tell me the truth!"

Then there was the time he wanted me to buy him something. I told him I didn't have the money to buy it because I really didn't have the money. He thought about that for a minute, and then replied, "Well, take Grammy's purse. She has money!"

I could go on and on...
My son is totally obsessing with nursing! It's funny, embarrassing, and just too cute all at the same time! At least he's stopped saying that the baby is going to "eat my nipples" and says I have baby food in there instead.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM

I come here first thing in the morning to get my morning laugh and put a smile on my day. Keep them coming ladies!
Old 12-04-2010, 05:13 AM

When my kids were little I had to lock the bathroom door to get privacy for my monthly, I'm sure you gals can relate. Well my four year old could hear the paper rattling in the bathroom, he's laying on the floor outside the door trying to see in the bathroom with his mouth against the crack under the door and asks "Mommy are you eating candy?"
Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by tellabella
When my son was in grade 1 he came home one day from school and said.."Guess what Mom, we got a new girl in our class today...she's pork and cheese!"...after a minute I realized he meant she was Portuguese...
Too cute
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 AM

My niece was about 4 and she was mad at her dad because he was a little more strict with her than her mom...one day after she didn't like him telling her what to do, she turned to her mother and said..Mom, why did you marry him? What were you thinking? How could you?
Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952
When my adopted son was 7 asked me why I never had babies of my own, I told him it was because the parts of me that made babies didn't work. He pondered on this for a few beats and then asked, "Did you try new batteries"? I hadn't, but it didn't stop me from laughing.
That really made me giggle!

Diane
Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 AM

when my dd was about 6 we went to a huge banquet hosted by my husbands company and my dd was allowd to attend - well the room was very chilly and dd was shivering - a youg preppy looking & very pretty youg lady sitting next to her took off her cashmere sweater and put it around dd shoulders and we thanked her - at the end of the meal I told dd to give back the sweater and she didn't want t because it was so soft - the young lady being very sweet asked dd if she gave her the sweater what would she have to trade for it - and without missing a beat dd said you can have my mopm's false teeth - talk about wanting to crawl under the table
Old 12-05-2010, 06:12 AM

We had 3 horses when our kids were little, two mares and a gelding pony. Our youngest son asked his older brother if we couldn't breed Babe to Nugget, or Sunlight to Babe....and he came up with every combination for breeding the horses so we could have a colt. His brother kept explaining that the mares were both 'shes' and the gelding was an 'it'. After thinking this over for a little bit, he asked, "Hey, Dad, what's breeding?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Loved the stories. Thanks for the laughs. Will have to think about some funnies from my DDs.