Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's the funniest thing  a/your child ever asked you? >

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

What's the funniest thing a/your child ever asked you?

Old 11-30-2010, 07:02 PM

I have 2 that come to mind that I was talking about today so I thought it would be interesting to ask some of you...

One day my oldest son(when he was about 4) looked in my briefcase, found a tampon in the wrapper of course, swiped it across his nose and said "Mom, what's this...a cigar?...then, before I had a chance to answer he said "Sure doesn't smell like one!..." It cracked me up...

My second son one day (grade 1) ran into the kitchen and said "Mom, what's a sex life?" I didn't answer he asked again and I said..."Well, it the part of your life that involves sex." He thought about it and asked "Do you have one?" I said "Yes". (I wanted to say..."I can't remember much of one since I had you guys!" but I didn't. He thought about it a little more, ran into the dining room and said to his older brother..."Guess what, Mom has a sex life!" Being a whole 2 years older, his older brother looked at him and said "Dah, how do you think YOU got here?

Oh, sorry I just have to add the one about one of my students last year, who was doing history at the computer, turned to me and said "Miss, were you alive during World War 1?...needless to say he failed...(kidding)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM

How cute. Don't you just love things small children say?
Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Google Goddess

this will be a fun thread, will follow it (I don't have kids) but my shih tzu dog does some funny things lately
Old 11-30-2010, 07:07 PM

When my daughter was about 4 she was looking at a Christmas card with a picture of Mary and Baby Jesus. She asked, "Where's Joseph?" Being a single parent at the time, I had a lot of one liners going through my head. Luckily before I had a chance to answer she said. "Oh, he was probably taking the picture!"
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM

lol ok I probably shouldn't share this one but I just HAVE to! My mom was babysitting our youngest son probably about 2 yrs old at the time. He had just got out of the shower & was sitting on the arm of her chair waiting to get his jammas on & he said "Hey gamma, bet u can't do this" & he was flexing his muscle in his penis! My mom about died laughing! I still laugh when I think of it!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:10 PM

I'll have to think of some but I have! to follow this one!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM

lol, funny boys...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:12 PM

Here's a good one I heard from a good friend. She use to run a day care out of her home & one little boy was just getting potty trained. He said "Ms. Smith could you wipe my butt?" She said "Ms. Smith doesn't wipe NOBODY's butt" he sat there for a few minutes...thinking & wondering how he was going to get the job done & he said "Ms. Smith, who wipes YOUR butt" That has to be one of the cutest stories I have ever heard!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
How cute. Don't you just love things small children say?
When my son got old enough to realize there really was no Santa--He said to me at Christmas time: "Mom, Santa is not real 'cause I now reindeer can not flyyyyy in the skyyyy!"
Old 11-30-2010, 07:18 PM

The summer before our DD started 2nd grade we went to Washington, D.C. and saw the Lincoln memorial, Fords theater where Lincoln was shot and the Washington monument. Well the next school year, in February and Presidents day, the kids were learning about both Lincoln and Washington...I guess learning about both at the same time as well as visiting the memorials of both presidents during the same summer trip caused my DD to be a little confused. One day while driving in the car, we were talking about what she was learning about in school and she looked at me very seriously and said, "Mommy, how old were you when Abraham Washington was shot?" Gosh, so much for being a young looking 36 year old..... !